death after death

Let us know of your ant colonies or queens that have passed away. We will grieve together but will also learn why your ants may not have succeeded.

Moderator: ooper01

ants1fan

death after death

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:30 pm

EVERY QUEEN I EVER HAD IS DEAD!! :cry: I think I'm not a good ant keeper but, I will never give up! I will capture a Lasius queen and I will Raise IT! hopefully :(

SkittlesH

Re: death after death

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:36 am

I felt the same every Lasius Queen ever died- and like whaaattt these are suposed to be the easy guys !!Then I learnt the secret of Ant keeping. Are you ready this took me 5 years and 1 million dead queens but the secret is... Do nothing leave them for 3 months and never check on them... EVER. Then you will have your first nantic. God I wished I learned the secret faster so many lives would've been spared :lol:

Serafine

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:37 am

That's pretty much it. Put them into a test tube and (unless they're semi-claustral queens like Myrmica) put them into a dark, (not too) warm place. Then forget about them for 4 weeks (make that 8 weeks for Camponotus).
Fully claustral queens do best when they're just completely left alone and not disturbed ever until they have their first workers.

KipMoore

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:21 pm

ants1fan wrote:
EVERY QUEEN I EVER HAD IS DEAD!! :cry: I think I'm not a good ant keeper but, I will never give up! I will capture a Lasius queen and I will Raise IT! hopefully :(
What you need is something like say.....?

A colony of tartigrades! :D

sach44

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:00 pm

ants1fan wrote:
Maybe they were Lasius claviger a social parasite,that needs an host colony?