Nylanderia

Let us know of your ant colonies or queens that have passed away. We will grieve together but will also learn why your ants may not have succeeded.

Moderators: larynx, ooper01

Baltimore410Keeper

Nylanderia

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:44 pm

My very first queen died.... :-( I left her alone for a few days and came back to her knocked out :-(

She still had her wings when I found her so I took the chance with fingers crossed ....

Welp should be more queens showing up soon! ... hopefully the next ones I find will turn out better.

Ant love forever!
Ant Colonies-
1. Monomorium minimum
2. Pheidole Bicarinata

CreeperUniverse

Re: Nylanderia

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Baltimore410Keeper wrote:
My very first queen died.... :-( I left her alone for a few days and came back to her knocked out :-(

She still had her wings when I found her so I took the chance with fingers crossed ....

Welp should be more queens showing up soon! ... hopefully the next ones I find will turn out better.

Ant love forever!
Sorry to hear that. My 5 queens I found were social parasites from what we know :( But, I caught one Nylanderia with wings. She was walking, didn't use her wings, and was alone on pavement. Hoping she's fertile!
Arman, proud owner of around 57 animals. Some are reptiles. Some are mammals. Some are even insects. :geek: :D
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcakL3NCiQYMLm-6mifzPQ

Baltimore410Keeper

Mon May 01, 2017 12:34 pm

CreeperUniverse wrote:

Ant love forever!
Sorry to hear that. My 5 queens I found were social parasites from what we know :( But, I caught one Nylanderia with wings. She was walking, didn't use her wings, and was alone on pavement. Hoping she's fertile!
I found 2 social parasites after her .... then I found a MOTHERLOAD OF Monomorium Minimum (7 queens) they are going strong so far .... thanks for the kind words ^.^
Ant Colonies-
1. Monomorium minimum
2. Pheidole Bicarinata

CreeperUniverse

Sun May 07, 2017 8:33 am

Mon May 01, 2017 12:34 pm
CreeperUniverse wrote:

Ant love forever!
I found 2 social parasites after her .... then I found a MOTHERLOAD OF Monomorium Minimum (7 queens) they are going strong so far .... thanks for the kind words ^.^
Just checked on her! She has eggs in a pile, wooh!!!
Arman, proud owner of around 57 animals. Some are reptiles. Some are mammals. Some are even insects. :geek: :D
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcakL3NCiQYMLm-6mifzPQ

Theantguy13

Thu May 25, 2017 11:09 am

Wow guys congrats, you turned a sad death into an uplifting post!
Congrats on those monomorium minium (I'm jealous) And good luck on the queen hope those eggs are workers *crosses fingers*
Proud owner of 3 beautiful cats, a loving Siberian husky, and a varying amount of ants.

My ant queens still founding a colony:
Solenopsis xyloni(1)
Pogonomyrmex species (1)
My ant colonies: