Will's Camp. Pennslavanicus and Camp. Noveboracensis

Let us know of your ant colonies or queens that have passed away. We will grieve together but will also learn why your ants may not have succeeded.

Moderator: ooper01

Ants4fun

Re: Will's Camp. Pennslavanicus and Camp. Noveboracensis

Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:31 am

Perhaps some chemicals in the formicarium killed them... Did you use any silicone or anything?

WillWithAnts

Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:21 am

Ants4fun wrote:Perhaps some chemicals in the formicarium killed them... Did you use any silicone or anything?
The only thing I can think of is hot glue. Should I change to something else?

Update: I moved Nova's colony into the aquarium that I showed off. They seemed to be unhappy with their small plastic container, but now they act like they are in paradise :D ! I'll get pictures this afternoon!

FatMug

Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:31 pm

Will,

after reading your journal, i think we *are* having the same problems. Down to hot glue or honey, I guess. Man. I cotton plugged my test tube until I can maybe find a solution/ get a different outworld.

WillWithAnts

Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:57 pm

Well, it seems while hibernation is in effect, the forum will do the same. About every queen in the northern hemisphere looks like this right about now.

Anyway, since Penn died, this topic will be moved to the "Ant Graveyard" section of the forum and I will pick up where I left off next year in a new topic.

Nova is still well, along with 3 Lasius Neoniger and one Queen I will ID later. I can't wait until it is time to get back in business!

jonathan21700

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:57 pm

She is probably not dead! Often Northern Camponotus do that In very cold temperatures.
Once you warm her up she will start moving again.

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:03 pm

WillWithAnts wrote:Well, it seems while hibernation is in effect, the forum will do the same. About every queen in the northern hemisphere looks like this right about now.

Anyway, since Penn died, this topic will be moved to the "Ant Graveyard" section of the forum and I will pick up where I left off next year in a new topic.

Nova is still well, along with 3 Lasius Neoniger and one Queen I will ID later. I can't wait until it is time to get back in business!
Well take a look at the video Mikey just posted, it said that a Queen too up to 12 days to start moving like she did normally.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

WillWithAnts

Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:01 pm

She is probably not dead! Often Northern Camponotus do that In very cold temperatures.
Well take a look at the video Mikey just posted, it said that a Queen too up to 12 days to start moving like she did normally.
Oh no, my friends, there is a misunderstanding.
Penn died earlier this fall; in August, I think. She never made it to hibernation. I am well aware of post hibernation behaviors, and I will expect them with my alive C. Noveboracensis colony when I wake them.
The photo I posted was merely an example of hibernation and isn't even my queen, she was Mikey's. My bad, that post was quite misleading.

MadVampy, do you know how I can move this topic?

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:13 pm

WillWithAnts wrote:
Oh no, my friends, there is a misunderstanding.
Penn died earlier this fall; in August, I think. She never made it to hibernation. I am well aware of post hibernation behaviors, and I will expect them with my alive C. Noveboracensis colony when I wake them.
The photo I posted was merely an example of hibernation and isn't even my queen, she was Mikey's. My bad, that post was quite misleading.

MadVampy, do you know how I can move this topic?

Tell me where you want it moved. Only a Admin or Mod can move topics. :)
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:

WillWithAnts

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:39 pm

Tell me where you want it moved. Only a Admin or Mod can move topics. 
To the ant graveyard please! :D

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:42 pm

WillWithAnts wrote:
Tell me where you want it moved. Only a Admin or Mod can move topics. 
To the ant graveyard please! :D
Done.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin