Mangled Solensopsis amblychila Queen

Let us know of your ant colonies or queens that have passed away. We will grieve together but will also learn why your ants may not have succeeded.

Moderator: ooper01

Gregory2455

Mangled Solensopsis amblychila Queen

Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:46 pm

Do not ask how this happened, I really do not know... :lol:

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Re: Mangled Solensopsis amblychila Queen

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:35 am

Oh no!!! How strange. Sorry to hear about this. Is this what you saw in the test tube one day?
Ant Love Forever.

Gregory2455

Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:23 am

AntsCanada wrote:Oh no!!! How strange. Sorry to hear about this. Is this what you saw in the test tube one day?
I do not remember... I think? The reason this one died may be phorid flies, but I do not know. My single Novomessor cockerelli queen exploded with phorid fly maggots or something of the sort a few days ago, but this would definitely need to be a different species. Way too many of these queens have died. I started with 16 queens and am down to only 5 now. At the end of this, I may only get one successful one who how has her own larvae. As of a few days ago, her brood looks like this.

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:11 pm

I see. Well, good luck on the colony. I believe nature works this way, too. Lots start off but inly the hardiest survive.
Ant Love Forever.

Gregory2455

Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:22 pm

AntsCanada wrote:I see. Well, good luck on the colony. I believe nature works this way, too. Lots start off but inly the hardiest survive.
Yeah... Oh by the way in case you are wondering about those Solenopsis xyloni workers there, if it was not made clear some people think that these are parasitic, and so far that theory seems to be holding up.