My poor Camponotus Queen

Let us know of your ant colonies or queens that have passed away. We will grieve together but will also learn why your ants may not have succeeded.

Moderators: larynx, ooper01

AceCadet

My poor Camponotus Queen

Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:47 pm

My Camponotus Queen didn't even make it to founding. Poor ant... I felt so lucky for finding you as late as September. Maybe next year Ill find another. :( The first queen I ever lost and I only had her for a week. So sad...
Currently Founding
2x Formica lasioides

AceCadet

Re: My poor Camponotus Queen

Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:01 pm

So probably just a dumb hopeful question, do larger ants hibernating faster than smaller ants? None of my other queens are hibernating...and Im sure Im just hoping shes not dead but. Is there a way she could be hibernating if it got cold in my room? And if so is there any way to check if she is hibernating or dead? Im sorry Im just having a hard time losing my first queen so Im hoping. Im going to at least leave her in her tube for a while longer, check her in a few days and just hope...
Currently Founding
2x Formica lasioides

Serafine

Re: My poor Camponotus Queen

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:39 am

As far as I know a lot of ants hibernate no matter the temperature. They have built-in clocks that tell them when to go to sleep even if the room temperature doesn't drop.
"We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull."