:(

Let us know of your ant colonies or queens that have passed away. We will grieve together but will also learn why your ants may not have succeeded.

Moderators: larynx, ooper01

AntLove5Ever

:(

Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:28 pm

The myrmica queen died. I might go around trying to dig up queens from their claustral chamber on saturday, but that might have been the last queen I'll get until feb-april, when prenolepis imparis flies.

Barfdog

Re: :(

Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:45 pm

AntLove5Ever wrote:The myrmica queen died. I might go around trying to dig up queens from their claustral chamber on saturday, but that might have been the last queen I'll get until feb-april, when prenolepis imparis flies.
Ah, I'm sorry she died on you. You'll find another! What is your location? You might have some chances still through November!

AntLove5Ever

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:05 pm

Barfdog wrote:
AntLove5Ever wrote:The myrmica queen died. I might go around trying to dig up queens from their claustral chamber on saturday, but that might have been the last queen I'll get until feb-april, when prenolepis imparis flies.
Ah, I'm sorry she died on you. You'll find another! What is your location? You might have some chances still through November!

Im in VA, but I am in a bad place to queen hunt. I may be able to find some though.

Barfdog

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:56 pm

AntLove5Ever wrote:
Barfdog wrote:

Im in VA, but I am in a bad place to queen hunt. I may be able to find some though.
Hey, you've done it once before! You'll get another one. :D

AntLove5Ever

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:08 pm

But that was like 2 weeks ago but maybe I can find a myrmica and or ponera queen. Their nup flights don't end till nov i think.

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:57 pm

Sorry to hear that. I've had my fair share of Solenopsis queens die on me. Fortunately I usually get like 50+ when I go hunting.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

Barfdog

Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:24 am

MadVampy wrote:Sorry to hear that. I've had my fair share of Solenopsis queens die on me. Fortunately I usually get like 50+ when I go hunting.

Shame, only if you were in Nevada or Arizona, you could totally help us both out lol. It seems no one from Arizona is active here except myself.

Theantguy13

Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:23 am

That sucks. I remember when my first solenopsis queen died I was so devastated, but that was before I found like 20 more. Don't give up hope cuz I found 8 today alone.
There are more ants on the planet than humans.
I'm wondering what the dominant species really is... :o

My ant queens still founding a colony:
Brachymyrmex sp.(1)
pogonomyrmex rugosus? (1)

My ant colonies:
Solenopsis Xyloni (1)