Sugar water

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sugar water

Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:27 pm

Ok so here's a question for all:

Whats the best mixture of sugar to water you found that your ants liked best?
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

GriffinAnt

Re: Sugar water

Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:46 am

i dont know but i do know the mixture that causes the tube to flood. it happened again last night , luckly had a tube made up on standby, rescued the queen and her one worker ,sadly the little clucth of eggs wernt saveable. wish i knew why it happens

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Re: Sugar water

Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:10 am

GriffinAnt wrote:i dont know but i do know the mixture that causes the tube to flood. it happened again last night , luckly had a tube made up on standby, rescued the queen and her one worker ,sadly the little clucth of eggs wernt saveable. wish i knew why it happens
You should be just providing them with a very tiny drop of sugar water not a whole tube set up like a regular water tube. Honey and sugar water should always be given in very tiny drops that way none of the workers can get trapped in it.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted: