Beginner ant farmer

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

Dariansolenopsis

Beginner ant farmer

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:16 am

:D hey I need some information on how to take care of prenolepis imparis. I'm gonna order an all you need omni gear pack but first I need to know how that pike their setup, I know they fly February thru April so can anyone help me :?:

Dariansolenopsis

Re: Beginner ant farmer

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:19 am

I live in Louisiana, New Orleans.

Martialis

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:20 am

Dariansolenopsis wrote:
      :D hey I need some information on how to take care of prenolepis imparis. I'm gonna order an all you need omni gear pack but first I need to know how that pike their setup, I know they fly February thru April so can anyone help me :?:
      I've read that they're more polygonous the further south the are in their range. Also, they go into a sort of mini hibernation during summer. The Omni nest should work fine.
      Keeper of

Selliing:

Dariansolenopsis

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:22 am

Thank you very much!

Martialis

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:29 am

:) I'm no expert, but that's what I have to give. I recommend not putting more than one winter ant queen together utill you know more about the hobby. I'm also a newer farmer and have three queens, one of which is semi-claustral. It's been an adventure with her, and she doesn't have nanitics yet, even! What I'm trying to say is be patient, leave queens alone during founding if they're fully claustral. Good luck to your anting next year!
      Keeper of

Selliing:

Dariansolenopsis

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:26 pm

Thanks for the help

Dariansolenopsis

Prenelopis imparis

Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:12 pm

How do preneolpis imparis prefer their nesting space, how hydrated must you keep them and are they common in Louisiana.

Martialis

Re: Prenelopis imparis

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:09 pm

Dariansolenopsis wrote:How do preneolpis imparis prefer their nesting space, how hydrated must you keep them and are they common in Louisiana.
      I don't know much about this, sorry! :(: You might try getting a non-genus specific ant farm for a queen of that genus.
      Keeper of

Selliing: