When to feed?

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

EdgarFromLatvia

When to feed?

Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:24 pm

I have a worker hatched (my friend broodboosted an ant queen with pupae from a wild nest. The ants in the ant nest could or could not be from the same species). When and what should i feed for him? He is already climbing out from the cavern and exploring. When exposed to light, he runs back in his cave. (Queen species: Lacius niger)

Batspiderfish

Re: When to feed?

Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:41 pm

If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

Batspiderfish

Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:54 pm

Lasius. ;)
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

EdgarFromLatvia

Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:58 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:Lasius. ;)
Thankyou, the video you sent to me, helps. So i do not feed him and her for 2 or 3 days... But what can happen if a queen takes care and raises a brood boosted ant worker from a different ant species?