A strange idea. Mealworm eggs?

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

MCWren

Re: A strange idea. Mealworm eggs?

Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:11 pm

While looking for eggs again, I found a few TINY little mealworms that had recently hatched, I guess they would work as food.

MCWren

Re: A strange idea. Mealworm eggs?

Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:20 pm

AntsRule wrote:I will be using termites for young colony's since they are small, soft, and defenseless. :D
I got a few termites from a colony outside once, about 2 weeks ago. I was looking for queens under rocks in my yard and when I lifted up a rock, there were around 25 termites sitting there. I got 7 of them, then left, figuring I'd get more later. When I came back later, all the termites were gone from under the rock. I even tried digging a few inches. Not a single termite. I've looked under the same rock again several times, but no luck. I ended up feeding the termites I caught to a wild Tetramorium sp. E colony in my driveway.
Later, I put out a termite trap I made to catch them. I got the instructions from the internet: put a bunch of wet cardboard wrapped with a rubber band outside. It didn't work so far, but I haven't checked in a few days because I don't want to get eaten alive by mosquitoes more than necessary. Seriously, my legs have so many scabs from scratched mosquito bites that I look like I have Bubonic plague or something. When I catch a mosquito on me, I feed it to the aforementioned Tetramorium colony :twisted:.