Feeder insects: please answer

Posts and questions relating to ant diet & nutrition. Let us know what you’re feeding your ants.

Moderator: ooper01

MCWren

Feeder insects: please answer

Sun May 29, 2016 11:10 pm

I've seen Mikey Bustos' video on feeder insects, and in it he mentions hornworms and some other insects that he doesn't cover much. Are hornworms, butterworms, and waxworms good feeder insects for ants? Are they nutritious? Easy to raise? Thank you.

AntsRule

Re: Feeder insects: please answer

Sun May 29, 2016 11:15 pm

Yes they are good. They are nice and full of fats. Although there are some other feeders. If you want to breed feeders Dubai cockroaches are the way to go, they are super easy to breed. They are also the most nutritious. :D
With all the things ants can do, you wonder, who rules the planet :?

Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Pheidole sp.

larynx

Re: Feeder insects: please answer

Sun May 29, 2016 11:16 pm

MCWren wrote:I've seen Mikey Bustos' video on feeder insects, and in it he mentions hornworms and some other insects that he doesn't cover much. Are hornworms, butterworms, and waxworms good feeder insects for ants? Are they nutritious? Easy to raise? Thank you.
i cant speak for those worms. but i do know meal/super worms are very nutritious, and easy to raise.(i raised them in volume for many years.) on the other hand, if you are raising any insect your self for feeding, the nutrition content will partly depend on you and how you care for said insect.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer