3d printing ant nest?

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

User avatar
thescienceguy1980
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:57 am
Location: Lancaster, PA

Re: 3d printing ant nest?

Post: # 5865Post thescienceguy1980
Wed May 18, 2016 10:14 am

asgarpet wrote:Hey,

I must print the pieces for the tube fitting, add steel grid, a glass and a cover and it will be usable.

I can't wait !
Wow awesome! Is this done yet?? And would you be willing to share stl files? thanks!

Intoxicated
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:56 am
Location: Lidkoping

Re: 3d printing ant nest?

Post: # 15261Post Intoxicated
Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:31 am

What kind of material should you make ant nest from? PLA or ABS?
Keeper of:
Formica fusca
Lasius niger
Camponotus herculeanus
Lasius flavus
Messor barbarus
Myrmica rubra

User avatar
ooper01
Head Moderator
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: 3d printing ant nest?

Post: # 15267Post ooper01
Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:30 am

Intoxicated wrote:What kind of material should you make ant nest from? PLA or ABS?
Either will work.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator
Image

TheAura
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:47 pm
Location: Brooklyn NYC

Re: 3d printing ant nest?

Post: # 17068Post TheAura
Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:37 pm

asgarpet wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:32 pm
Hey,

After longs hours of printing, here is the result :

Image
Image

I must print the pieces for the tube fitting, add steel grid, a glass and a cover and it will be usable.

I can't wait !
That looks almost like one of the AntsCanada hybrid nests! o.O

Fulkol
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:42 pm
Location: Budapest

Re: 3d printing ant nest?

Post: # 17071Post Fulkol
Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:03 pm

asgarpet wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:32 pm
Hey,

After longs hours of printing, here is the result :

Image
Image

I must print the pieces for the tube fitting, add steel grid, a glass and a cover and it will be usable.

I can't wait !
Holy that's amazing
What blueprint do you need to print such a thing? If it's doable or yo can share your file and it works globally that would be great, I could search for some 3D printing services locally I guess, buying such technology is very pricey in my country tho

Martialis
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: 3d printing ant nest?

Post: # 17091Post Martialis
Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Fulkol wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:03 pm
asgarpet wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:32 pm
Hey,

After longs hours of printing, here is the result :

Image
Image

I must print the pieces for the tube fitting, add steel grid, a glass and a cover and it will be usable.

I can't wait !
Holy that's amazing
What blueprint do you need to print such a thing? If it's doable or yo can share your file and it works globally that would be great, I could search for some 3D printing services locally I guess, buying such technology is very pricey in my country tho
It's pricey, period. :P
Keeper of

Formica sp.

Tetramorium caespitum

Camponotus chromaiodes

Selliing:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest