My Formicarium V1 (3d Print model)

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

madsrinker

My Formicarium V1 (3d Print model)

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:11 am

Hello again! I had some extra time after my first post so i thought i could get this one uploaded as well! It's my first formicarium built into a 3d model for everyone to download!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2857249

I am going to make a v1.1 where there is possible to add water to the walls of the nest so they produce some moisture also but i have not got into doing it yet! Also make the roof a little more escape proof by doing so you can put a upside down layer of something so they dont escape yet! I didnt think of that when i made the first one!

This is a free to download formicarium that you can print with a 3d printer! I spent hours making this and i hope someone will use it! I will upload a picture of the one i have printed as soon as my 3d printer gets back from the shop! Most of the information is in the pictures so dont really need to write too much! The formicarium is in 3 pieces and 3 different files but they all fit together. Use the 4 pins to put them together and add a glass or see trough plastic in the slots i have made on the sides of the outworld and formicarium or if someone want to close them up just tell me and i will modify it to have walls you can remove and add as you please.

As normal if anyone have requests for changes or anything in 3d modelling really just tell me and we can speak and i will do the modifications. I love 3d modelling!

Ant love and contributions forever guys!

Thanks //Mads

Ataklena

Re: My Formicarium V1 (3d Print model)

Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:34 am

That's a thing. I would like to see a printed one. Will you test it on ants?
A girl from Israel North Tsfat
Three Messor queens
Camponotus queen
I wish to keep Tapinoma Israele

madsrinker

Re: My Formicarium V1 (3d Print model)

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:39 am

Yes when i get my printer back from the shop i will make one and post it right away!

I got a ant colony ready to move in aswell :) ATM i am building a better version whit the chance for a more humid formicarium aswell :)