QueenFarm V1

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

madsrinker

QueenFarm V1

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:24 am

Hello Ant lovers!! Finally i got accepted into this forum its been a long time coming! I guess something happened wrong the first time i registered.

I have made something i call a "Queenfarm". Now that the ant season is starting and the queens start to fly i have made something to keep your queens in while you wait for them to get enough workers to move them! We all have been there in the summer when you caught way to many queens and don't have a setup to put them in or maybe you don't have money or ways to pay for it in the Ants-Canada store (i love the store BTW). But maybe you have a friend with a 3d printer? They are pretty inexpensive at the moment so i guess most people have a friend who got one. This item is 6,6 x 6,2 x 1 inches big (17x16x2,5 cm) and can store 6 queens. You have water reservoir to make sure all the 6 queens have the necessary water. Well you can check it out yourself here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2850962

ALSO: IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA FOR IMPROVEMENT PLEASE TELL ME CAUSE I AM NEW TO 3D MODELLING AND WANT TO GET BETTER!

its 100% free to download but this version does not have a fit to put glass or see-through plastic on top. IF someone wants it just tell me and i will make place for the glass just tell me the thickness and i will make it and send it to you.

I have also made a formicarium i am going to upload soon with a Outworld and water reservoir and so on. Give me a week or two and i will upload that as well.

I hope you like it!
Also just because this is my first post in the forum i want you to know I've been trying to get on here for a few months and i cant wait to be a part of this community! I just wanted to get this out there right away so you guys could get your hands on it! And Mike if you want some of these i will be happy to print it for you and send it by mail :D

Ant Love and Contributions for ever guys :D
Thanks //Mads

madsrinker

Re: QueenFarm V1

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:57 am

Here is some pictures

Rhetorik

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:45 pm

Neat

Have you tested it yet?

And Welcome
Yaaas my queen
-Me

antnest8

Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:31 pm

wow this looks great :D
Some of My Informative Sheets
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19099
Includes :
  • Ant Care Sheets
    Queen Hunting
    How To Identify Ants
Goal is to become #2 poster on the forum

madsrinker

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:47 pm

my 3d printer is in the shop but i will post pictures as soon as it gets back! This and the formicarium is the first thing i will do for sure :D but its a very simple design not much that can go wrong really :D