Washing Formicarium

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

colo3000

Washing Formicarium

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 pm

So this week I've been trying to move in a tetramorium queen with her nanitics. Well today the queen left the formicarium and sadly curled up in a water test tube I had setup, and died. I believe it was due to stress. I wanted to clean out my formicarium just in case for my next try because I have other queens in test tubes. So my question to you guys is, how would I go about cleaning my AntsCanada Hybrid nest? Thank you.
-Colo3000

AntsLuxembourg

Re: Washing Formicarium

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:53 am

colo3000 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 pm
So this week I've been trying to move in a tetramorium queen with her nanitics. Well today the queen left the formicarium and sadly curled up in a water test tube I had setup, and died. I believe it was due to stress. I wanted to clean out my formicarium just in case for my next try because I have other queens in test tubes. So my question to you guys is, how would I go about cleaning my AntsCanada Hybrid nest? Thank you.
You can try to open the hybrid nest and then clean it by using water and paper towel. If you use soap make sure to wash it out very thoroughly since ants always lick every surface clean and depending on the soap could kill the ants if they lick up left over bits of soap. So be sure to wash it out properly. ;)
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.