$1 outworlds

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

larynx

$1 outworlds

Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:59 pm

made these out worlds for my founding colonies. got these containers from the dollar store. put two holes in the tops, and plugged them with cotton. a little ky around the top rim, then used clay to fasten water tube, nest, and food dish to the floor, as to keep them from rolling around. $2, and ten minutes later, ive got two outworlds. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

larynx

Re: $1 outworlds

Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:02 pm

inside
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

antdude

Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:44 pm

How does it work?

larynx

Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:50 pm

antdude wrote:How does it work?
swimmingly! they are already foraging around, and exploring. i have to remember to cut my cricket legs in half though. it was kind of sad watching them try and get the cricket leg in the straw tunnel, to take back to the queen. it was like when a dog tries to go through a doorway with a stick that is wider than the door. lol. lesson learnededed! :mrgreen:
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:27 pm

It's funny what ordinary items change into when you put a little thought into them! Well Done!
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

larynx

Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:51 pm

MadVampy wrote:It's funny what ordinary items change into when you put a little thought into them! Well Done!
yes, quite funny. lol broke MFer here. every thing i look at now, is something for my ants. :mrgreen:
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

katdaily710

Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:55 pm

Nice!!

I have a Dollar Tree here and they have these long but short tupperwares for a dollar. Great foraging space! I made a pretty, aztec-y looking outworld using aquarium pebbles and decor.

I think I was just pretty excited and I'll actually end up using it later on down the road for another colony, since my existing one has an Omni outworld now. But, I liked it, and it was cheap! ouo

larynx

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:13 pm

katdaily710 wrote:Nice!!

I have a Dollar Tree here and they have these long but short tupperwares for a dollar. Great foraging space! I made a pretty, aztec-y looking outworld using aquarium pebbles and decor.

I think I was just pretty excited and I'll actually end up using it later on down the road for another colony, since my existing one has an Omni outworld now. But, I liked it, and it was cheap! ouo
hahayeah. ive got like 10 out worlds just sitting around waiting, for use. :D
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer