Field and Forest Biome in Omni Nest outworld

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

jwatson16202

Field and Forest Biome in Omni Nest outworld

Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi all!

Back from my holiday and been able to pick up my new Onmi Nest! (Not that I need it yet, the Queen I plan on putting in there doesn't even have workers at the moment).
Decided I was going to experiment and use a field and forest biome kit for the outworld, what do you think?

With the outworld attached directly to the Omni nest, I've pushed a small piece of small tubing through the entrance.

I have also pushed a short piece of small tubing through the entrance hole of the outworld

Using a drinking straw I've cut small pieces to sit over the heads of the screws. This is so I can still gain access to the screws at a later date.

Using about 1/4 of the ground mix of the field and forest biome kit I've carefully added this around the tubing and straws.

Add a little decoration.

This tunnel/tube entrance can be extended with large tubing and attached to other nests/outworlds/test tubes etc.

The ground mix is not dry yet but once I've set I will cut away the excess tubing and straws leaving it flush with the surface. The straws I will block up with cotton and cover over with sand, I'll only need to get at these if I have to dismantle the outworld/nest for some reason.

-Jay

Martialis

Re: Field and Forest Biome in Omni Nest outworld

Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:46 pm

This looks great!
Keeper of

Selliing:

jwatson16202

Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:51 pm

Thanks! :D

Cale3459

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:07 pm

Looking good!

Ants500

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:37 pm

This looks so cool, I plan on doing the same thing with my Omni nest, do you think this would work with an Omni small???
Founding:
-3 tetramorium queens
-1 Formica queen
-4 groups of acorn ant queens (they're polygenous)
Super excited to start this amazing hobby :D

lossanmu

Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Nice job! :D