AC Hybrid Nest Question

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

Nitro0520

AC Hybrid Nest Question

Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:53 pm

Hey all!!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

I recently have joined the world of keeping ants. I have got a Camponotus Novaeboracensis queen and workers.

My question is how can I fill the tunnels up in my formicarium so it’s small enough for them to start and grow into. I was thinking of filling it in with sand, but how would this affect the humidity inside the formicarium? I could fill with sand and only put hydration medium under where they are living and then expand after that? I’m not sure.

I have the queen and roughly 18 workers, they are currently in a test tube inside my AC outworld for now. This way I can at least feed them and they are safe.

Thank you for taking the time to read/help

Mike

PS: I bought the AC camponotous hybrid starter set with everything, except the outworld decorations

RubyAntKeeper77

Re: AC Hybrid Nest Question

Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:58 am

Try filling the ant nest with small pebbles maybe along with some Moss that they are able to clean out and clear out whenever they want. And do it with half the nest that way they can choose where they want.
Why don’t more people like ants?
Is anyone from Wyoming who wants to sell ants?

You can email me about ants at Tucker.reynolds13@gmail.com