Ant Formicarium

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

SpiderGenral

Ant Formicarium

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:34 am

Can someone tell me any Founding Formicarium's I can buy only up to £6 + Free delivery. Or any Items I can buy that total £6 to make a Formicarium?

SweetDirtyTooth

Re: Ant Formicarium

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:18 am

I don't think you could buy something for that price online, but you never know.

BUT with £6 you could get plaster from pound shop, get some containers and you could make a founding chamber or a big nest, it's easy research on Google how to make a formicarium with plasters of paris. You have to be creative :lol:

I once bought very small containers like 10 for £1, plaster for £1, I moulded one chamber with play dough and I made 10 founding chambers and still had enough plaster for more

Carl75

Re: Ant Formicarium

Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:49 pm

You may be able to adapt a picture frame into a nest and some shops have storage boxes you could use as the outwork so. Not sure if you could do it for £6 though. YouTube has how to make an ant farm using plastic bottle/containers. Put a smaller on inside a larger on and fill the gap between the two with soil etc.

It may be ok to start with, but you would be needing to upgrade quite soon as the colony grown, by making or buying more nests and outworlds.