What colouring, sculpting and gluing materials to use?

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

EdgarFromLatvia

What colouring, sculpting and gluing materials to use?

Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:35 pm

Everyone likes a suitable, but beautifully decorated nest, right? So i want to make a simple, little, decorative bone or fossil just for looks in my formicarium or outworld... so what material is best to use for making something like that? The material maybe will not look, like i want the fossil to be coloured, so what do i colour it with? I do not want the ants sitting under it or maybe carrying it around the nest, if it is small, so what to glue it in with?
Of course, i do not want to completely overdecorate the nest, but i really want that tiny fossil in there. :D :D :D I will place pictures in the "Everything else" section, when i do actually make the nest beautiful.

Thanks for the responses.

EdgarFromLatvia

Re: What colouring, sculpting and gluing materials to use?

Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Durant wrote:I am a fossil collected and I will be happy to mail u a fossil if u want!!! Private Message me if u want a fossil :mrgreen:
A good idea, but, still, i waat to know some ideas for materials to use.

Martialis

Re: What colouring, sculpting and gluing materials to use?

Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:33 am

EdgarFromLatvia wrote:Everyone likes a suitable, but beautifully decorated nest, right? So i want to make a simple, little, decorative bone or fossil just for looks in my formicarium or outworld... so what material is best to use for making something like that? The material maybe will not look, like i want the fossil to be coloured, so what do i colour it with? I do not want the ants sitting under it or maybe carrying it around the nest, if it is small, so what to glue it in with?
Of course, i do not want to completely overdecorate the nest, but i really want that tiny fossil in there. :D :D :D I will place pictures in the "Everything else" section, when i do actually make the nest beautiful.

Thanks for the responses.
I'd try a non-toxic glue of some sort, and the color closest to your out world.
Keeper of

Selliing: