Showing off some outworlds

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

MCWren

Showing off some outworlds

Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi everybody! A couple of days ago, my mom and I made two outworlds, and I thought I would show them off to you. They were made with cement, sand from a playground (we cooked it in an oven first), pebbles, fake plants from a pet shop, and sticks. My mom (a painter and jeweler, no wonder it's better than mine) decorated the first one, and I decorated the second one. We have yet to drill holes for tubing in either one.

The first one will be used to house Camponotus chromaiodes if my queen ever has workers, and I've been waiting a long time! Otherwise, it'll house my Camponotus pennsylvanicus, which already has four workers. The second outworld will be for my Tetramorium sp. E.
What do you think of my outworlds?

AntsRule

Re: Showing off some outworlds

Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:13 pm

They look great! It is good that you remembered not to make them too crowded-that can be easy to forget. :D I will be building mine the same way!
With all the things ants can do, you wonder, who rules the planet :?

Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Pheidole sp.

GriffinAnt

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:10 am

looks similar to the ones i made. they here somplace in the forum.. :D well done

ooper01
Head Moderator

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:54 pm

Nice job! They look really good MCWren. ;)
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

nightxwolf88

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:03 am

Man I just made some plain outworlds now I need to go back to hobby lobby to try and make them look as cool 8-)