one nest into two

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

pedrock88

one nest into two

Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:04 pm

Hey. I have a a lasius niger colony in a sand formicarium and its edges are coated in ptfe but the colony is getting large and out growing it. any ideas how i could connect another or any ideas to expand the current one is helpful.

AntsRule

Re: one nest into two

Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Pics? :D
With all the things ants can do, you wonder, who rules the planet :?

Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Pheidole sp.

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Re: one nest into two

Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:53 pm

pedrock88 wrote:Hey. I have a a lasius niger colony in a sand formicarium and its edges are coated in ptfe but the colony is getting large and out growing it. any ideas how i could connect another or any ideas to expand the current one is helpful.
If you want to add another Nest you could use something like the AntsCanada X Connector. IT would allow your outworld, your existing nest and up to two more nest's or such to be connected. Below is the link to it at AntsCanada.com

http://www.AntsCanada.com/shop/ac-x-connector/
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted: