Formica Fusca

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

ANTphibian

Formica Fusca

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 am

Hi there.
Formica fusca is one of the few large types of ants here in the UK. I have recently become amazed by the idea of keeping them. I was just wondering, could anyone tell me anything about keeping them (diet, housing, difficulty e.g). This would be helpful, if you would be willing to tell me. Also, nuptual flight or even a place to buy them would be appreciated.
Thanks, ANTphibian.

AqdasHassaan

Re: Formica Fusca

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:46 pm

wrong section for your post. This section is for everything that should not include ants discussion.

Proverbs66

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:52 am

AqdasHassaan wrote:
wrong section for your post. This section is for everything that should not include ants discussion.
That's not true we discuss everything here mostly ants even though there are other sections for your question but I wouldn't turn anyone down or anything :|
Let us remember that even though ants are wonderful creatures, even more magnificent is their creator 😌

Batspiderfish

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:49 am

This section is meant for things not related to ants. Putting your topics in the right section keeps forums organized and information easier to access.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

AntsDakota

Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:06 pm

ANTphibian wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 am
Hi there.
Formica fusca is one of the few large types of ants here in the UK. I have recently become amazed by the idea of keeping them. I was just wondering, could anyone tell me anything about keeping them (diet, housing, difficulty e.g). This would be helpful, if you would be willing to tell me. Also, nuptual flight or even a place to buy them would be appreciated.
Thanks, ANTphibian.
They can be housed in a dirt less formicarium, sold on AntsCanada.com, or just a container filled with dirt.They are relatively easy to keep, and need to be fed insects and sugary foods, like most other ants. Their nuptial flights happen in June-August, according the owner of Formiculture.com.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

AntsDakota

Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 pm

AqdasHassaan wrote:
I have journals and problems on this forum and no one has ever told me this.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25