Addition to my animal family!

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

Theantguy13

Addition to my animal family!

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:06 am

Most (if not all) of you do not know this, but my black and white pure bred Siberian husky named gaja had puppies exactly 8 weeks ago today. She had roughly a 1/4 chance to get a red husky (her and her partner both had red fathers.) she had 5 black and white puppies in about 3 hours, then there was a 30 minute pause where nothing happened, and then out popped a red husky!
We decided to keep her even though she is not pure (her partner was only 75% husky, which we did not know when my dog got pregnant). The only reason we cared about her genetics is because we were going to breed the puppy as well, in 2 years. We can still breed her to get husky-mutes which is a combination of a husky and a malamute (the puppy is 12.5% malamute and 87.5% husky).

Anyway we named the puppy freka, after an inside joke that has been going on in my family for around 7 years now. Lol please don't ask, it would take way too long to explain and nobody would understand why we named our new dog this way. I guess an easy way to explain it is this: if you have ever had to name a pet, you keep thinking of names and you say to yourself " I will know when I pick the perfect name, something will just click and I will know" It was kind of like that I guess.

Well that's all I have to say, just wanted to share this with everyone!
Proud owner of 3 beautiful cats, a loving Siberian husky, and a varying amount of ants.

My ant queens still founding a colony:
Solenopsis xyloni(~20) Might sell through GAN so look out ;)
Pogonomyrmex californicus (2)
My ant colonies:

JackPayne

Re: Addition to my animal family!

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:59 am

Wow, red husky sounds beautiful, if you could ever post a few images I'd love to see.
Hi I'm Jack, How are you? TeamNativeAnts!

Theantguy13

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:32 am

Happy to show some!
Her alone:
Her with mom:
Proud owner of 3 beautiful cats, a loving Siberian husky, and a varying amount of ants.

My ant queens still founding a colony:
Solenopsis xyloni(~20) Might sell through GAN so look out ;)
Pogonomyrmex californicus (2)
My ant colonies:

CreeperUniverse

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am

Nice dogs!
Arman, proud owner of A LOT animals. Some are reptiles. Some are mammals. Some are even insects. :geek: :D
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcakL3NCiQYMLm-6mifzPQ

Keeper of: Nylanderia sp.
Founding: Odontomachus sp. (For some time)