Addition to my animal family!

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

Theantguy13

Addition to my animal family!

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:06 am

Most (if not all) of you do not know this, but my black and white pure bred Siberian husky named gaja had puppies exactly 8 weeks ago today. She had roughly a 1/4 chance to get a red husky (her and her partner both had red fathers.) she had 5 black and white puppies in about 3 hours, then there was a 30 minute pause where nothing happened, and then out popped a red husky!
We decided to keep her even though she is not pure (her partner was only 75% husky, which we did not know when my dog got pregnant). The only reason we cared about her genetics is because we were going to breed the puppy as well, in 2 years. We can still breed her to get husky-mutes which is a combination of a husky and a malamute (the puppy is 12.5% malamute and 87.5% husky).

Anyway we named the puppy freka, after an inside joke that has been going on in my family for around 7 years now. Lol please don't ask, it would take way too long to explain and nobody would understand why we named our new dog this way. I guess an easy way to explain it is this: if you have ever had to name a pet, you keep thinking of names and you say to yourself " I will know when I pick the perfect name, something will just click and I will know" It was kind of like that I guess.

Well that's all I have to say, just wanted to share this with everyone!

JackPayne

Re: Addition to my animal family!

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:59 am

Wow, red husky sounds beautiful, if you could ever post a few images I'd love to see.
Hi I'm Jack, How are you?

Theantguy13

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:32 am

Happy to show some!
Her alone:
Her with mom:

CreeperUniverse

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am

Nice dogs!
Check out my YouTube channel, Arman's Ants.
https://***/armansants
Also feel free to check out the Discord server, Ant-Keeping & Ethology:
https://discord.me/ants

Antmanboy

Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:39 am

awwww there so cute

MisonRoson

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:44 am

What a sweetie! Btw, I have a husky too. I've got it as an emotional support animal. The happiness and joy it brings to me are priceless, man. I've never experienced such positive emotions.

MisonRoson

Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:11 am

MisonRoson wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:44 am
What a sweetie! Btw, I have a husky too. I've got it as an emotional support animal. The happiness and joy it brings to me are priceless, man. I've never experienced such positive emotions.
My wife found Jackie for me when my brother died 2 years ago. It's the hardest loss I've ever experienced. And you know I'm a lucky man to have such a great wife nearby who is always ready to save my life. That's just priceless. She found the husky on an Emotional Support Pet website, which I'm so grateful for. People, let's love those who love us. Then the world will become a bit better than it is.

Admin Edit:
Removed the link.

AntsLuxembourg

Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:24 am

Theantguy13 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:32 am
Happy to show some!
Her alone:
Her with mom:
The dogs look really darn cute. :)
I'm sure they have grown a lot since. :)
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.