Ant Spy-Camera

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

WiseHollow

Ant Spy-Camera

Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:28 pm

I wish I could have a spy camera in an ant-nest. I'd like to watch the ants do their daily tasks up in personal from my computer. Does something like this exist? Or even a way to construct such a thing?

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Re: Ant Spy-Camera

Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Funny you say that! I will be setting up a Cam on my ants once I get the new formicaria. The cam I am using has IR LED's built in so it can see in the dark (Image is B/W) so that shouldn't disturb the nest. It is a wireless WiFi cam that will be connected to my home network so I can look at it at any time.

I have considered once I set it up posting a web link to it so others can pop on and see my ants any time they like. Trying to think of a catchy name for the cam... MadVampy's Mad Ant Cam? LOL
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

larynx

Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:10 pm

where did you get a camera that small? im thinking of doing this now. :D
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

formica123

Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:18 am

On antsy forum they have a live ant cam setup, i hope to do this soon too.

WiseHollow

Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:38 am

MadVampy wrote:Funny you say that! I will be setting up a Cam on my ants once I get the new formicaria. The cam I am using has IR LED's built in so it can see in the dark (Image is B/W) so that shouldn't disturb the nest. It is a wireless WiFi cam that will be connected to my home network so I can look at it at any time.

I have considered once I set it up posting a web link to it so others can pop on and see my ants any time they like. Trying to think of a catchy name for the cam... MadVampy's Mad Ant Cam? LOL
Lolol! Love the name. I'd like to do this as well. Can you give me a tip as to what camera to use?