Looking for queen ants like...

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

Barfdog

Looking for queen ants like...

Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:47 pm

Wondering how everyone seems to be finding late queens and I'm over here like..

Keeper of:

One M1ABRAMS TANK AKA Camponotus Laevigatus Queen

Nathant

Re: Looking for queen ants like...

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:40 am

Haha, I completely agree with you until I found 2 A few days ago. You just have to pick a day. One day, you'll look for hours, the next, you'll find 2 in ten minutes. I suppose it is just very minor conditions that we don't notice.
Massachusetts Nuptial Flight Thread | Massachusetts Anting Thread | My Ants

Barfdog

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:26 pm

Nathant wrote:Haha, I completely agree with you until I found 2 A few days ago. You just have to pick a day. One day, you'll look for hours, the next, you'll find 2 in ten minutes. I suppose it is just very minor conditions that we don't notice.

It must just be some kind of Mojo I need to find. Like Austin Powers. I almost feel as though it's pointless for me to look now because now it's way close to hibernation time in Arizona, I might might get lucky though and get some winter ant queens in January-February.
Keeper of:

Nathant

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:27 pm

Barfdog wrote:
Nathant wrote:Haha, I completely agree with you until I found 2 A few days ago. You just have to pick a day. One day, you'll look for hours, the next, you'll find 2 in ten minutes. I suppose it is just very minor conditions that we don't notice.

It must just be some kind of Mojo I need to find. Like Austin Powers. I almost feel as though it's pointless for me to look now because now it's way close to hibernation time in Arizona, I might might get lucky though and get some winter ant queens in January-February.
That's my target next spring as well! Good luck. :)
Massachusetts Nuptial Flight Thread | Massachusetts Anting Thread | My Ants

Aussie

Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:44 am

In Australia on the Gold Coast, there are queens everywhere!

One scoop of a pool net into my pool and there would be 15-20 queens and 40-60 dead males

Although we do live in the other side of the world and its perfect conditions and timing atm especially with all of the storms and hot weather.

Barfdog

Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:11 pm

Aussie wrote:In Australia on the Gold Coast, there are queens everywhere!

One scoop of a pool net into my pool and there would be 15-20 queens and 40-60 dead males

Although we do live in the other side of the world and its perfect conditions and timing atm especially with all of the storms and hot weather.

Very very jealous. I bet you have a lot of cool and exotic species in your region:(
Keeper of:

Barfdog

Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Nathant wrote:
Barfdog wrote:

That's my target next spring as well! Good luck. :)
I wish you back luck. I hope to be the first GAN farmer in Arizona. Gonna hopefully make some money and some peoples day with the ant love.
Keeper of:

TheAshenOne

When are queen ant nuptial flights on the Gold Coast?

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:02 am

Hey guys I`m new here and I have recently decided to get into ant keeping :) . But I have no idea when the nuptial flights of any of the local ants are and I cannot seem to find the relevant information online. Does anyone known when for example black crazy ants have their nuptial flights in the Gold Coast?

Thanks guys, I can`t wait to start a colony :D