Imagine an Ant

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

New2Ants

Imagine an Ant

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:37 pm

If you guys could create your own ant species, what would it be called and what characteristics would it have?
I'm thinking of an ant called the barricade ant that is able to collapse the entrances of the tunnels to prevent predators or other ants from entering the nest.

totalvamp

Re: Imagine an Ant

Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:46 am

probable Architect Ant.
Instead of digging it would scour for twigs/leafs and build a tower out of it like a big ant skyscraper.
They would put flowers on there to lure other insects while they wait in ambush.
Since they'd be able to glue stuff together they could make the flower sticky so anything that lands on it is stuck.

formica123

Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:59 am

The Interceptor

This ant can read the minds of all other ants, and know when they are planning attack to warn the colony :twisted:

Mauritaniants

Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:54 pm

Steel Ants
Ants with mandibles so strong that they are able to chew through metal. Theres a chemical in their saliva that is able to melt the metal is order to digest it.
Their exoskeleton is also made up of hard steel and you can't kill them just by stepping on them.
Imagine Colossus from X-Men but in ant from, and there are thousands of them.

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:55 am

Mine would be Ninja Ants! Stealthy ants that were dark in color that would hid in the nests of others and took their food, and such. Have a small nest that that was hidden and was always moving so others would never find it.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

Camponotus

Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:44 am

I would keep ants that adopt the colony scent of other species and have colonies of very diverse species and queens! that would be so cool.

AntsDakota

Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 pm

New2Ants wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:37 pm
If you guys could create your own ant species, what would it be called and what characteristics would it have?
I'm thinking of an ant called the barricade ant that is able to collapse the entrances of the tunnels to prevent predators or other ants from entering the nest.
My ants would have a dominant queen, who lays only queen eggs, and the queens lay soldier eggs. The soldiers lay male eggs that are also workers that can fly. All workers and queens have stingers and spray formic acid. The soldiers grow into majors and super majors. Male workers live for about a year, while female workers live about 10 years, and queens live about 250 years. They have only one colony that grows mold and eats it, and kills no ants, bees, or wasps except fire ants and argentine ants. They also protect crops and kill pests like mice and rats, which is why I call them Auxilio ****, meaning help man. All queens have wings and can fly, are 6 inches long, and deliver a sting 18 times more powerful than a bullet ant. They act as workers while laying eggs at the same time. No one would keep them since they grow extremely fast with no limit. They usually get to the billion mark in a few years.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

antnest8

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:52 am

if your really lucky you might find a species like that in 3 billion years
Some of My Informative Sheets
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19099
Includes :
  • Ant Care Sheets
    Queen Hunting
    How To Identify Ants
Goal is to become #2 poster on the forum

AntsDakota

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:25 pm

They also have a king as well as the dominate queen.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

AntsDakota

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:28 pm

MadVampy wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:55 am
Mine would be Ninja Ants! Stealthy ants that were dark in color that would hid in the nests of others and took their food, and such. Have a small nest that that was hidden and was always moving so others would never find it.
Solenopsis molesta can do that. They are so small that they can sneak around other ants and steal their food and eat their brood. They do live near or inside other ant nests, and aren't affected by invasive species, and simply steal from them as well. They have been known to kill fire ant colonies by way of their queen and broodnapping.The only difference is they aren't dark in color.
Last edited by AntsDakota on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.