What ant queen do I have?

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

Antscanada73

Re: What ant queen do I have?

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:02 pm

Domrom17 wrote:Hello, my name is Luis, and I'm from Pennsylvania, located in the north east section of America. I would appreciate if you could help me identify my ant queen that I caught. I'm pretty sure shes not lasius because they don't usually fly till September where I live. I caught her in July and she has about ten workers and a brood of eggs and larvae. She's not camponotus either because shes not that big, and I already know what a Carpenter queen looks like. Also, she shares her container with another queen that I caught on the same day. I know that eventually fights break out between the queens after the workers are raised, but so far they have cooperated with each other, and both took care of the eggs they laid. I would separate them, but I don't know how to go about doing that. I also can't afford to buy two separate formicariums. Any advice on that would be most appreciated. Thank you for your time and any help you can give me.
1. Can't see the PIC 2. Are you sure it ain't lasuis flavus they are non hostile to each other until the workers arrive 3. Good luck.

Antscanada73

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:39 pm

Domrom17 wrote:The queens heads are also shaped almost like a square, if that helps.

Messor barbararus, is that it?

Antscanada73

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:00 pm

Domrom17 wrote:https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2& ... sp=safe&zw

Try opening the link and see if you can see it now
No there is an error

Antscanada73

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:15 pm

Ants4fun

Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:21 pm

Nope. Why is the link to gmail?

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:03 pm

Posting pics: Find a site to host the pics to (Photobucket, flicker or some thing like that), once you upload them to that site then copy the direct link url (web site address to the pic)and use IMG button above the posting area your typing your post in putting the web address in between those image brackets Example [img]WEB.ADDRESS.FOR.PICTURE[/img] and then your picture will show up in your posts.

This is for those that have never posted a pic using a link and the forum code before.

Hope that helps.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted: