Omni Small! Unbox Video and 1st Impression Notes

Discussion and information relating to the AntsCanada Omni Nest Series.

Moderator: ooper01

katdaily710

Omni Small! Unbox Video and 1st Impression Notes

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:34 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5VTpKj_RykAVjZWakZHeFZlbDg/view?usp=sharing

Here's the video!

A few things to note:

1. In one clip you can see a penny up by where the outworld goes. I did that for size comparison. I don't think people really realize how itsy bitsy it's gonna be when they order it, and honestly neither did I, but I love it to bits I love small things they're really cute and it still looks like a ton of usable space for my ants.

2. I blocked off the first chamber because I'm going to try to get my ants to move out of their moldy test tube. Now the whole issue with moving them into a formicarium too early is it's big and overwhelming and ants can get lost or whatever.

But, instead of moving them [they have 8 workers and a bunch of pupae that look ready to eclose] to a new test tube, then moving them again later, I thought it would be easier for these ridiculously stubborn ants of mine to simply have a makeshift test tube chamber set up and then grow into the rest of the nest. Since they apparently absolutely hate moving.

3. There are a couple cracks in the bottom of the outworld but it's not a huge deal, I wouldn't ask for a replacement over something like that.

4. 10/10 would recommend, especially for beginning ant keepers. It makes everything much easier, there's less to worry about as opposed to trying to make your first formicarium, you know your ants will be in a well-tested environment, and it's clear, high quality acrylic. I can see everything!

Which is good because I'm absolutely obsessed with filming my ants doing whatever it is they're doing ;u;

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Re: Omni Small! Unbox Video and 1st Impression Notes

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:52 pm

Glad you got it and your happy with it. I know Mikey and his partner try and get the orders out to people as quickly as they can. I only run the forums but being part of the AntsCanada Team is great and I do what I can from my end to help them and you as a customer. Its always nice to see someone happy with the products and its really cool to see a home made video of the Un-boxing's and hear the great responses from people like you!

Thanks for sharing your video and the great over view of the Omni Nest!
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

larynx

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:01 pm

great video. we need more videos of this type, so people can see what they are getting, from a customers point of view. good luck with your lil ladies! :D
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

katdaily710

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:08 pm

Yaaay I'm glad you two liked it ;u;
I was just a little confused because I never got my email saying ITS BEEN SHIPPED
But hey it was a happy surprise this mornin'!

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:10 pm

katdaily710 wrote:Yaaay I'm glad you two liked it ;u;
I was just a little confused because I never got my email saying ITS BEEN SHIPPED
But hey it was a happy surprise this mornin'!
Well glad it was a good surprise!
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

GriffinAnt

Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:39 am

yeaaaa cool vid