Omni Nests

Discussion and information relating to the AntsCanada Omni Nest Series.

Moderator: ooper01

MadsLund

Omni Nests

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:35 am

I haven't really posted on this forum before, so I figured after being a member pretty much from the beginning, I ought to start! My kids bought me three omni nests for Christmas and they just got here last week. Received a small and a large omni nest as well as a small vertical omni nest. Looking forward to putting them to work this coming year. Not exactly new to this hobby, I purchased a pumice stone nest and one of the habitat nests with soakstone about 6 or 7 years ago from Mikey, still have them in use.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to letting you know how these nests work out for me.

Mads

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: Omni Nests

Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:23 pm

MadsLund wrote:I haven't really posted on this forum before, so I figured after being a member pretty much from the beginning, I ought to start! My kids bought me three omni nests for Christmas and they just got here last week. Received a small and a large omni nest as well as a small vertical omni nest. Looking forward to putting them to work this coming year. Not exactly new to this hobby, I purchased a pumice stone nest and one of the habitat nests with soakstone about 6 or 7 years ago from Mikey, still have them in use.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to letting you know how these nests work out for me.

Mads
Hey Mads, glad everything arrived intact and that you are ready to put them to use. We would be glad to hear how it all works out.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

xTNxANTMANx

Re: Omni Nests

Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:30 pm

I am very interested in the Omni Vertical...how is it? It will be the next nest I will purchase. Its design is so unique and love the option of increasing/reducing the number of chambers the colony has access to.
Keeping:
Camponotus subbarbatus
Formica pallidefulva x2
Formica subsericea x4
Lasius sp
Tetramorium immigrans x2
Dorymyrmex bureni

Founding:
Formica pallidefulva
Unknown sp x2