AntsCanada ANT FLAG CONTEST (2 yr Anniversary of ACAF)

Announcements and discussion on upcoming store promos, contest, events, etc.

Moderator: ooper01

KingPoppy

Re: AntsCanada ANT FLAG CONTEST (2 yr Anniversary of ACAF)

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:18 pm

Little late I guess, but I spent a lot of time on this. Also hope the image will work... it probably wont. But these are an entry for the golden empire! I did two designs. Tried to do some Filipino text for the banner, I looked up the translation but the best I could find was through google translate... And everyone knows how bad google translate is. So I went with a one word saying as to not get confused. So now it says "gold" ^^

You don't know how much effort I did for the coat of arms, I went on a godamn antwiki to look at what a yellow crazy ant body looks like and copied that specimen ligament for ligament. The Diamonds represent all the queens, which I hope there are 8. I counted correctly right? There's the pitcher plants, spring cleaners, some wings too, and a crown for the queen.

The regular flag design.

And the coat of arms design.

Vested

Re: My submissions for the Flag Contest. (Also, very important info!!)

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:43 pm

BaconBot360 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:34 pm
I really wanted to send in some flags, but I'm not in the market for Ant Keeping supplies because I don't keep ants or plan to keep ants myself. I just wanted to send in some submissions because I just like to draw :P If I get chosen, I'll happily let you use my art but go ahead and send the prize to a runner-up or something.

I hand drew all of these, so feedback is appreciated!

Here are my submissions.

The Dark Knights (Flag for entire colony)
Notes for image above: This is for if it turns out that they are not warring, but some wild ants found their way in.

The Dark Knights (South)
Notes for image above: The S on the ant is red to signify the Red Honey. The eye of the ant is an arrow facing South.

The Dark Knights (North)
Notes for image above: The N on the ant is blue, because blue is often warred against red in team based games. The eye of the ant is an arrow facing North.

The Fire Nation
Notes for image above: This one is my favorite. :D It's the head of a fire ant in a fire symbol.

The Golden Empire
Notes for image above: The word empire gives me a very royal vibe, so I made a golden ant head wearing a crown.

The Titans
Notes for image above: The Titans felt like a strong, warrior clan to me. This flag is probably one of my least favorite ones, but its still ok.

Can't see the images? Here is a link to a gallery of them all. https://postimg.org/gallery/rgx5u0j2/

Feel free to give feedback! I had so much fun making these!
-QR
Love the fire nation flag!

GlorytoFirenation

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:52 pm

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1LmUpR3DcoxBnImBZDDMIDCjsJFzA3SNjJNw8DTPkAOY/edit
This is the fire nations flag, the Crest on the side represents the queen and the bars going through the flag show the lines of defense you have to go through to get to the queens (And it looks cool)
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1TC8XwFBoIqIy9CUFLu0upCCeX_vEIFH_q9UNpQ92dm4/edit
This is the South Dark Knights flag, It has one side blue and one side red to show the colony has seperated into two
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1UQtiO4qaF9n_ZjO-1vjMn42SX6YXB43cXweyB39G9hM/edit
This is the North Dark Knights Flag, It has the two arrows facing each-other two show future conflicts
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/12JB_gTHNfXBS8U-5byi3uqiuycW5F3KdPdDxdnGz-4U/edit
This is the Golden Empires flag The two colors intersecting show the original Golden Empire and the new merged colony forming together to form a super colony

poldarth

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:56 pm

poldarth wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:08 am
Since my first post doesn't have explaination... here it is:

Dark Knight of the North
- Because Black Crazy Ants are one of the most common ants, they can be tagged as an "old tribe". They have tattoos of that symbolizes what tribe they belong. This is why their flag used arrows to put the "tribe" feeling. Of course pointing "UP" for "North".

- Letters used are somewhat "ethnic"

Dark Knight of the South
- Like the "North", they also belong to the "old tribe"... that explains the body tattoos. But because they are from the Southern tribe, their symbol is facing "DOWN" or "South".

- Letters used are somewhat "GOT-like classic"

Fire Nation
- Simple explanation, they bear the fire tattoo on their bodies that symbolizes what colony they belong to.

- Letters used are somewhat "Firey" curve edges

Golden Empire
- Royalty is what I'd like to be felt when looking at the Golden Empire symbol/flag. It consists of "royalty curves tattoo" that looked like a crown and jewelry.

- Letters used are somewhat "Old but Royal"

Majestic Titans
- BIG and bulky, like what they really are. Strong looking ant that can be compared to titans.

- Letters used are somewhat "Military-like" feel
- All original designs

willybob

Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:13 am

One huge Queen sorounded by her many sized helpers. (asian marauder ants)
8 starts representing 8 queens that make up a huge nation. (yellow crazy ants)
One queen ruling over her huge nation represented by one huge star. (fire ants)
2 separate estates on one playing field. (black crazy ants)

Sweetpotato

Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:29 am

this took me forever to do and i ve been having trouble with the site i hope im not late ;;_;;)//

RayAnts

Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:07 am

I hope I'm not late, It took me a while and I'ts been ages since I posted in a forum, let's see if I do this right...

Fire Nation:
Version 1.
Version 2. Could'nt decide. It represents the power of the nation with a golden-red emblem.

Black Knights:
South Version. Represents full integrity of knights, the figurines in the center is a minimalist representation of the ants, Red gasters from the sugar.
North Version. Once separated from the South they just kept a single ant on the midle, and took more pride on the black.

The Golden Empire:
Obviously Gold. The emblem represents the symbiotic relationship with the pitcher plants & the rest of nature.

The Titans:
The Flag represents two horizontal banners for the two tanks they have. The Emblem is a flower composed of big supermajor ant heads and tiny regular sized ant heads, connected by romboid antennas.

PLEASE I HOPE, I did this right. And you still consider my suggestions despite it being so late. Cheers

Ant love forever - RayAnts @Rayhak

RayAnts

Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:21 am

Whoops, I messed up The Black Knights from the South submission. Sorry!

Here it's the flag design:

Cheers! - RayAnts @Rayhak

Dee2dee

Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:37 am

My picture will not uploaddd :(