AntsCanada ANT FLAG CONTEST (2 yr Anniversary of ACAF)

Announcements and discussion on upcoming store promos, contest, events, etc.

Moderator: ooper01

Kevlovesants

Re: AntsCanada ANT FLAG CONTEST (2 yr Anniversary of ACAF)

Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:45 pm

Here is a picture of the Fire Nation's Flag that I made! Feeling excited.

TrafalgarLaw

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:22 pm

TrafalgarLaw wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:37 am
I know I probably won't win because mine is hand drawn while the rest are digital from what I've seen, but I want to at least try. I don't actually know if they're digital but they other designs are really cool, and I've only scrolled through a few pages.
It looks like photobucket is blocking the photo I posted. I posted the photo on deviantart. Here's the link to the flag:
http://fav.me/dbghrz2

Cybronikai

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Image Everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked

Cybronikai

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:40 pm

The great and powerful Golden Empire Image

dinoman9877

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:49 pm

My rather less than decent entry for the Fire Nation:

ArloErwin

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Image Arlo's submission to the AntsCanada Flag Contest.

starsnaker

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:24 pm

my flag is for the Dark nights of the north
I took the photo in the winter at my cousins farm

Alkalys

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:42 pm

Here's my submission. I've added a few fictional events just to add the 'immersion' :geek: .

Golden Empire

The yellow half of the flag represents the might of the Golden Empire and their numbers.
The red half symbolizes the struggle the empire/colony went through, through out its history.

-The middle contains the Empire's 'Great Seal' which contains a yellow crazy ant worker in the shield.
-A crown is positioned on top of the shield to show the worker's loyalty to the empire/colony and to show that is, in fact, an empire.
-A green olive wreath represents the peace and co-existence between them and the surrounding environment.
-A banner is under the seal which states the yellow crazy ant's scientific name: Anoplolepis gracilipes.
-Above all that is the latin words: "Nos autem aureum" which in English reads: "We are golden"

The Southern Dark Knights or the Dark Knights of the South

- A black background encompasses a star which embodies the star which represents the colony.
-The Red star in the middle of the flag represents the five species of the genus Paratrechina from which the ants are from.
-It is colored red to symbolize the 'Red Honey Revolt' where their honey was dyed red to mark their independence to from the north (or their failed attempt, they could turn into an insurgency :?: ).

The Northern Dark Knights or the Dark Knights of the North

-The flag has a duo-color of two black rectangles that surround a white rectangle. The black symbolizes the colony and the white symbolizes the peace in the colony.
-An inverted P and L cut through the left black rectangle and the middle white, those represent the first letters of the ant's scientific name: Paratrechina longicornis.
-The star once again represents the five species of the genus Paratrechina, like the one from the revolting southern colony.

Fire Nation

The flag contains a red background with golden spikes in the middle
The Red symbolizes the power and absolute rule the Fire Nation has on its territory.

-The spikes in the middle of the flag represent the overall colony, the middle spike represents the queen, the smaller spikes represent the male drones and the small spikes represent the workers and other roles in the colony. The spikes are like that to show the aggressiveness the ants possess.
-The tips pointing inwards symbolizes the primary focus in the colony: working towards a common goal and the longer tips symbolize the defensiveness of the colony from outside invaders. The flag can also be flipped to have the longer spikes pointing downward meaning they are putting defense over work.
-The spikes also represent the queen as it is in the shape of a crown.

unleashed111

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:49 pm

Dark Knights South

Dark Knights North

TheBulletGunner

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:58 pm

Here is my flag submission for the flag contest, I have made a flag for the Titans. I spent hours working on it and I hope it wins!
I added three yin & yangs to simplify the three peaceful homes the ants live in, I also added the hat to symbolise their asian heritage.