The ACAF "WHAT IS ANT LOVE?" Contest | FREE Omni Nest Large | Deadline Aug 3rd, 2015!

Announcements and discussion on upcoming store promos, contest, events, etc.

Moderator: ooper01

Soundwave

Re: The ACAF "WHAT IS ANT LOVE?" Contest | FREE Omni Nest Large | Deadline Aug 3rd, 2015!

Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:39 am

For me Ant love is finding a Queen in my work place and then finding a way to keep her, since I wasn't really expecting to. So far she's doing great with her brood.

Ants4fun

Re: The ACAF "WHAT IS ANT LOVE?" Contest | FREE Omni Nest Large | Deadline Aug 3rd, 2015!

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:03 am

Antlove to me is being bold. Being creative. Working hard. Having fun. Who else would grab a person's foot, and pick up that special queen ant you've been looking for? Us. Who else would make a makeshift test tube setup out of bamboo and napkins? Us. Who else would spend hours upon hours making seemingly insignificant creatures happy? Us. Ant love is taking an hour helping a callow get utangled from cotton strands. It's about standing up for ourselves when we are ridiculed. It's about being united as one big colony on forums like this. Ant love is stopping and taking the time to apreciate the little things in life; and discovering big things.

Ant love forever.

CustomNature

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:09 am

True story. Didn't go over well with the girlfriend. lol

Rhyno30

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:10 pm

To me, Antlove is watching them all my life, dreaming of the day I had the money to start keeping a colony of my own. I stumbled on Mikey Bustos and AntsCanada watching youtube videos of ant colonies and realized my dream was finally within my grasp... I just had to convince my wife.... After many discussions and many many chores I got approval and could start collecting. Now I have my first queen and I'm learning so much about care and I am loving every second watching them. They are the most amazing creatures to watch as they go about their lives, and to be a beneficial part in their growing colony is the greatest feeling. Like being a parent you have to provide for your family and I will do my best to provide for mine.

larynx

Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:04 pm

ant love is, going out with my daughter every day, looking for queens. no matter what we are doing or who we are with, we will always leave it to go search for new ants together. ant love is giving a piece of yourself to something that never says thank you, and never regretting it. -AL4E
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

DeepRest

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:06 pm

This apparently is Ant Love https://www.facebook.com/ant.love.946

Or it could be Ant + Dec in..

KingAnt

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Ant love is not just getting into the hobby, but spreading the hobby to others in your family, community, and the world. The more people we bring into this hobby the better, not just for us, but for all the ants out there.
Looking for a fire ant queen in Manitoba.

Nutter

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:14 pm

For me it was when i was looking for my first queen a few weeks ago and my two year daughter picked one up and brought it over to me. Not only was i surprised it was a queen but she had no fear bringing it to me. This is ant love sharing this hobby with my little girl making memories.

giaaahhh28

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:27 pm

Ant Love is loving ants so much you want to become one. :D