Vertical nest or standard?

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

hyenadog

Vertical nest or standard?

Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:29 pm

I recently purchased and received a small Omni-nest and I absolutely love it! But.. I really like the idea of the vertical omni-nest because I can restrict paths to certain floors and its just so darn cool looking. I will be buying another nest in the future and I'm really leaning towards a vertical but I wanted to get a few other opinions before, SO.. If you had to choose between the vertical nest and the standard nest which would you pick? I plan to raise Formica and Camponotus if that makes a difference.

WillWithAnts

Re: Vertical nest or standard?

Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:52 am

I think it is mostly up to your preference. Both work great, and in my opinion, both look sweet! I prefer making my own stuff. Love your signature btw! :D

hyenadog

Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:16 pm

That's awesome you make your own, if I had more time outside college I would totally try to make my own. And thank you :) my signature is from a game called Undertale, possibly the best game ever.

ooper01
Head Moderator

Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:28 pm

The ability to restrict levels is a really nice feature of the vertical. You can expand it as the colony grows. I have used cotton to restrict rooms of the Omni nest, but it is not as convenient. Both are great products and would work well for Formica or Campo.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

WillWithAnts

Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:12 pm

hyenadog wrote:That's awesome you make your own, if I had more time outside college I would totally try to make my own. And thank you :) my signature is from a game called Undertale, possibly the best game ever.
Yeah it can take some time. If you like to be crafty, it is a very good way to use that in ant-keeping. Also, Undertale is pretty hilarious. I've played through once, started my second as pacifist.