Attention: Could you help me by identifying the species of this queen?

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

AbrahamCastilla

Attention: Could you help me by identifying the species of this queen?

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:22 pm

Hello, I am from Puebla, a state of the central region of Mexico, close to Mexico City.
Well here is the little situation. Six months ago I caught a queen ant, which I placed in a test tube with water and cotton following AntsCanada tutorials, however after six months has not spawned, I start to worry because every time I see that their movements are slower, btw I try not to disturb her. I would like to know your opinion about it and I hope you could tell me what species it is, to know how to help her to have her eggs.
Here some specific data:
- I captured her in the first week of October 2017 (autumn here).
- Puebla is situtated in a valley of template climate, with an average altitud of 2.160 merters above sea level (msnm). (Mexico is part of North America as you know)
- I found her in my garden.
- Her size is exactly 1.5 cm without taking in account the antennae.
- Her movements since the begging were not fast exactly, but she is active moving her antennae constantly but not walking so much.
- I had to change the test tube's water 3 times because it gets over, idk if she drinks all of it. Also I saw that she takes the cotton from the wet side to the other side and with the time she gets closer and closer to the water's side until it gets over.
(I added some pictures, I could send you more)
I hope you could indentify her species.

Thank you for your attention!,

PTasker15

Re: Attention: Could you help me by identifying the species of this queen?

Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:41 pm

Maybe A Parasetic Camponotus Queen.Somewhere Along Lines.But For Sure Camponotus.Maybe Camponotus Discolor.
Update us on her.
Keeping ants for 6 years now.

Current Species: Camponotus pennsylvanicus, Camponotus decipiens,Camponotus snellingi Solenopsis invicta,Nylanderia sp,Brachmyrmex patagonicus,Pheidole obscurothorax,Pheidole moerens,Pachycondyla harpax