New colony feeding

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

Shaynakz

New colony feeding

Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:29 am

Hi! So i just recently received a tetramorium E. queen from a GAN farmer along with 20 workers. They are all very active, as in they move eggs around and protect their queen, but i have an issue.

i placed the test-tube in my outworld, covered the formicarium with a blanket and kept the lights on. The ants are super stubborn. Its not just that they won't move to my formicarium, but that they actually won't go out of the testube. I had played food out for them in the outworld, hoping they would venture out, but they didn't ever go out of the testube so i had to give them the food in the testube. They keep on drinking from the moldy cotton in the testube, even when right outside of the testube i put a water system with fresh water. I don't understand why they won't explore. me being new to this, i'm scared if i shine a flashlight on their testube they'll stay there and die, because they haven't moved from that same spot.

khan432

Re: New colony feeding

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:04 am

Hi, I think you should shine the light for a little while and see what happens. Also, this is a bit irrelevant to your post but how did you get in touch with the GAN farmer? I've been trying so hard for the past 3 days to get in touch with somebody from AntsCanada, but no one seems to be responding.

Shaynakz

Re: New colony feeding

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:11 am

it takes a little while for them to respond. actually, there were no queens caught by gan farmers in my area for a couple months, and when i finally found that there were two queens, i contacted them, but it took a week before they responded