Lasius Neoniger

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

PaydenB

Lasius Neoniger

Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:32 am

Hello everyone, I recently caught a Queen ant of the species Lasius Neoniger, I have her in her claustral set up and while she's doing her thing I was just wondering if anyone had any information or experience keeping these particular ants. I tried searching the internet but all I could find was taxonic information and a few random facts about them as pests. Thanks for any replies, and have a nice day.

Rovvov99

Re: Lasius Neoniger

Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:37 am

PaydenB wrote:Hello everyone, I recently caught a Queen ant of the species Lasius Neoniger, I have her in her claustral set up and while she's doing her thing I was just wondering if anyone had any information or experience keeping these particular ants. I tried searching the internet but all I could find was taxonic information and a few random facts about them as pests. Thanks for any replies, and have a nice day.
I'm have no experience keeping this specie (their not native to my area), but from what I've heard their very similar to Lasius Niger and you can find much more information about that specie.

idahoantgirl

Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi! I have also just caught a lasius neoniger queen, and while I have only had her for a few days, I can give you one piece of information that you may or may not know. Lasius neonigers hibernate before laying eggs, so you wont be seeing much action for a while, That's pretty much all I can say Except for good luck and happy anting!
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

NewAntLoverz

Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:28 pm

Hey! Where did you find that queen and in what area do you live in? I posted the topic next to you on Nuptial Flight and I don't know how to catch a queen. I live near Los Angeles in California and people are telling me to look near lakes and stuff but there is nothing like that in my area as I live in a city. Got any tips on how I can find one?

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:16 am

NewAntLoverz wrote:Hey! Where did you find that queen and in what area do you live in? I posted the topic next to you on Nuptial Flight and I don't know how to catch a queen. I live near Los Angeles in California and people are telling me to look near lakes and stuff but there is nothing like that in my area as I live in a city. Got any tips on how I can find one?
Look at your other post, I replied there.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted: