How do I find them!

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

harry7778

How do I find them!

Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:10 am

Hello guys, I've recently been hunting for queens quite a lot as it is July and nuptial flights are happening, but what's not happening is me finding queens. People have suggested I just keep looking and eventually I'll find some, but I've only found 2 this year and they were both on the same day in the same place, also same species. I live in a nice wooded area in Kent/England with lots of trees and it's very calm here. I would expect to see hundreds of queens, but I've seen two. I see so many videos where peoples back gardens are just filled with them, right on their door steps, but I can't even see one after walking for hours each day. I really hope I haven't missed the peak time for queen hunting this year. I've also seen all the ant hunting tutorials on most of the popular ant channels and nothing has helped me yet. I would appreciate any tips to change my success rate.

Jadeninja9

Re: How do I find them!

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:34 am

If you can't see any queens in plain sight, try flipping over rocks, large branches, looking in logs. A queen may have made her home in one of these places.
Keeper of:
1x Camponotus Hyatti
1x Lasius alienus colonies
1x Tetramorium immigrans