Help I Can't Find Any Queen Ants

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

AntsUniversal

Help I Can't Find Any Queen Ants

Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:25 pm

I Live In Ontario Canada And I'm Fairly New To "Ant Keeping" (9 Months) I've Been Researching Ants For Most Of That Time Just Recently I Got My First Test Tubes And For About 5 Days I've Been Looking For Queen Ants I've Looked At Nuptial Flights And Everything I've Watched Youtube Videos On How To Catch Queen Ants None Of Them Seemed To Work For Me. If Anyone Has Any Suggestions Please Reply Thank You :D.

Please Show Some Support :D
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMZKoZqKq1g6d5L31R5ux_w

idahoantgirl

Re: Help I Can't Find Any Queen Ants

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:46 pm

Patience, patience, patience. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't seen anything but tetramorium in my area. It might take you a while. Just keep going on walks, keeping your eyes to the ground, and always carry test tubes. Have you tried blacklight? I haven't tried it myself, but I hear it works for some. You can buy a blacklight flashlight (I have one I just haven't gone outside with it yet)

Also, I know that the GAN project has nobody with current colonies right now in Ontario, but that may change! Keep looking!
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

AntsUniversal

Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:34 am

idahoantgirl wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:46 pm
Patience, patience, patience. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't seen anything but tetramorium in my area. It might take you a while. Just keep going on walks, keeping your eyes to the ground, and always carry test tubes. Have you tried blacklight? I haven't tried it myself, but I hear it works for some. You can buy a blacklight flashlight (I have one I just haven't gone outside with it yet)

Also, I know that the GAN project has nobody with current colonies right now in Ontario, but that may change! Keep looking!
Thank You, I Have Noticed That On The GAN Project There Are None Up For Sale But I Will Look Into The Black Light Flashlight You Were Talking About I've Found A Tutorial On How To Catch A Queen But It Was Too Inhumane.

Latley We Have Had ALOT Of Rain So That May Be The Cause And The Only Time I Saw A Queen It Was On Are Outside Table I Didnt Have Test Tubes At The Time

(Sorry It Took Me So Long To Respond)

Phoenix

Re: Inquiry

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:10 am

Find A Local Hot-Spot, Which Could Be Anywhere Depending On Your Region Specifically.
'Have Fun.' - Gabe Newell

harry7778

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:23 am

I'd love to know what a local hotspot is.

AntsUniversal

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:26 pm

UPDATE

I got 3 queens a month or so after this post and thank you to all the people who have given me suggestions. Currently one of my queens has gotten her first worker it was a moment I'll never forget and I thank you all without you I probably wouldn't have gotten this far

I also have made a youtube channel if you guys could check it out that would be great I will be posting a video on my first worker

Once again Thank You.