nanitics are sick!

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

adar2013

nanitics are sick!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:13 am

hi, so one of my messor queens has her first nanitics ! :D .
but..... they were pulling the cotton so i thought thay were hungry and i placed the test tube in a plastik container and removed the cotton so i could feed them. after a day one of the nanitics was out and was looking around. so i placed some honey and bead crombs and she took it to the test tube and the day after that i saw her out of the test tube but this time she was covered in honey and was moveing weird.... her 2 back legs were stretched and she wasent able to control her movment. after that she died..... :( why did that happen?
the day after that i saw that one more was moving weird! but she is able to control her movment....? what is going on?!?!?!

help plz

Batspiderfish

Re: nanitics are sick!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:17 am

If she was covered in honey, that's probably why. Offer your sugary liquid soaked in a piece of cotton, and on a tray so that cleanup is easy.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

adar2013

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 am

dose that explain the legs? too? but i will try it

Cartil

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:49 pm

I am not sure I understood what you meant with the legs moving, but just remember that they could drown in any large drop of liquid. Also, honey is very sticky so it can be dangerous for them to directly feed on it at a young age, especially when the nanitics have no experience with it.