Ant Keepers in Florida

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

AntsAreAwesome

Ant Keepers in Florida

Mon May 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Hello! I live in south Florida. I was wondering if anybody would want some Brachymyrmex queens and/or a Solenopsis invicta queen for cheap prices or would like to trade queens or colonies. Tell me if you live near and would want some. I would need proof of address. I would preferably like to trade queens if you have something like pheidole. Really anything but Solenopsis invicta or Brachymyrmex I would like to trade.

XxStrongHeroxX

Re: Ant Keepers in Florida

Wed May 10, 2017 3:58 pm

AntsAreAwesome wrote:
Hello! I live in south Florida. I was wondering if anybody would want some Brachymyrmex queens and/or a Solenopsis invicta queen for cheap prices or would like to trade queens or colonies. Tell me if you live near and would want some. I would need proof of address. I would preferably like to trade queens if you have something like pheidole. Really anything but Solenopsis invicta or Brachymyrmex I would like to trade.
Trade for corn bread? :D :lol:

AntsAreAwesome

Wed May 10, 2017 9:55 pm

XxStrongHeroxX wrote:
AntsAreAwesome wrote:
Bwahaha :lol: very funny. Do you live in Florida? I saw you posted about building a trench. Good idea. I see you too are catching a lot of Brachymyrmex and solenopsis queens. I love them but am tired of them. The only queens I have now that I am looking forward to is my pheidole queen who is currently doing decent. She finally piled her eggs and is taking care of them. I checked on her today and the eggs looked like they are larva now but they are to small lol. I also have 4 colobopsis queens but they all seem to infertile, as they where all caught in the same area and they all have wings. Sad story. Anyways the same question, do you live in Florida? If so what part?

XxStrongHeroxX

Thu May 11, 2017 12:04 pm

AntsAreAwesome wrote:
XxStrongHeroxX wrote:
AntsAreAwesome wrote:
Bwahaha :lol: very funny. Do you live in Florida? I saw you posted about building a trench. Good idea. I see you too are catching a lot of Brachymyrmex and solenopsis queens. I love them but am tired of them. The only queens I have now that I am looking forward to is my pheidole queen who is currently doing decent. She finally piled her eggs and is taking care of them. I checked on her today and the eggs looked like they are larva now but they are to small lol. I also have 4 colobopsis queens but they all seem to infertile, as they where all caught in the same area and they all have wings. Sad story. Anyways the same question, do you live in Florida? If so what part?
Tampa, Or central florida. Not looking to buy or trade but wanted to leave you a funny comment

AntsAreAwesome

Thu May 11, 2017 12:32 pm

XxStrongHeroxX wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 12:04 pm
AntsAreAwesome wrote:
XxStrongHeroxX wrote:

Tampa, Or central florida. Not looking to buy or trade but wanted to leave you a funny comment
No problem. It was quite funny. Glad to see others live in Florida...such a good state for anting. See you around. ;)

XxStrongHeroxX

Thu May 11, 2017 12:43 pm

you too

Lycosa

Fri May 12, 2017 1:28 am

Just going to bump in here and say hello. I'm in Lakeland and I may need a queen. I have a invicta or geminata queen. I'm not sure which but I have both species in my yard. Anyhow, if she doesn't work out, I'll need a queen. I have nothing to trade (this will be my first colony), but I'll pay for it if I do end up needing one. 😀

AntsAreAwesome

Fri May 12, 2017 9:03 am

Lycosa wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 1:28 am
Just going to bump in here and say hello. I'm in Lakeland and I may need a queen. I have a invicta or geminata queen. I'm not sure which but I have both species in my yard. Anyhow, if she doesn't work out, I'll need a queen. I have nothing to trade (this will be my first colony), but I'll pay for it if I do end up needing one. 😀
Alright. I'm not greedy so I won't make you pay much if I do charge ;). You might have to be willing to travel though...I am in southern Florida. I did notice that their is someone in fort Myers selling an invicta, but for $50. I have Brachymyrmex as well, and they are easier, but they are really small. I made the mistake of making fire ants my first real colony and I had a hard time. Now I love them though. :lol: just PM me anytime or post here.

Lycosa

Fri May 12, 2017 10:15 am

Will do, thank you