AntsCanada Forums

Main Forum Topics,Forum news, updates, announcements, Forum Rules, Questions, Support, and Suggestions.
MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

AntsCanada Forums

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:50 pm

To all the members of the AntsCanada Ants Forums:

By now I'm sure you have logged in and were like HUH? Well we just did a forum software update and the old theme was no longer compatible so that changed. Also the overall navigation has changed a bit too. You should still be able to find your postings like you always have, things have been streamlined a bit to make things flow a little better. Also if you're looking for the "New Posts" button it's now part of the "Quick links" at the upper left just under the AntsCanada logo. So take a trip or two around the new layout.

Thanks for being part of the ever evolving AntsCanada Family!

So what do you think?
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

larynx

Re: AntsCanada Forums

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:11 pm

It took a second to get used to the brighter colors, but it looks great and really needed the makeover.
was the post count always next to the poster name before, or is it new? :shock:
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Martialis

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:18 pm

One thing I don't like about the new look is that I can't really tell what posts I've read versus not.
Keeper of

Selliing:

larynx

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:28 pm

Martialis wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:18 pm
One thing I don't like about the new look is that I can't really tell what posts I've read versus not.
Its the little red envelope next to the poster name. red means unread, none or grey means its read.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Martialis

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:30 pm

Thank you, but isn't this a bit more confusing than the old one?
Keeper of

Selliing:

larynx

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:33 pm

Martialis wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:30 pm
Thank you, but isn't this a bit more confusing than the old one?
It was for me at first too, but to be honest ive been messing with it for about 20 minutes now and i cant remember how the other even looked. Its pretty straight forward, just a smidgen different than the old.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:38 pm

Well the old one is no longer available now. using the "Quick Links" you can see new postings (if the little page next to New Posts is red there are new postings). When in a topic area if the balloon is hollow it means it's contains a new post by someone, if it's filled in means there is no new posts and you have read all the postings in that topic.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

francis

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:15 am

Hi guys,

For read and unread posts - the icons should be different as well at the left side. If there are unread posts under a subforum - you will see solid and white color and for forums with read posts - you should see solid colors only.

------
Ignore me, I'm just a keyboard

Fulkol

Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:14 am

Can you adjust that the main subforum markers represent if you have unread thread inside them?

The top 2 should not have unread topics as I've used the "mark subforums read" button, the rest probably has yet I can't see much difference.

/e I've noticed the red icons for the subforum names, could it be that the whole category has different color until unread subforum > 0 ?

larynx

Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:26 am

Just go to quick links, and select "unread posts". It shows all unread posts. The "active topics" in quick links is my favorite to use because it shows all topics currently active in the forum. From there all the bubbles not filled in are waiting for you to view them, and the ones filled are ones you are up to date on.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer