AntsCanada Forums

Main Forum Topics,Forum news, updates, announcements, Forum Rules, Questions, Support, and Suggestions.
Fulkol
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:42 pm
Location: Budapest

Re: AntsCanada Forums

Post: # 16905Post Fulkol
Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:34 am

larynx wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:26 am
Just go to quick links, and select "unread posts". It shows all unread posts. The "active topics" in quick links is my favorite to use because it shows all topics currently active in the forum. From there all the bubbles not filled in are waiting for you to view them, and the ones filled are ones you are up to date on.
I'm constantly reading 3-4 forums during the day, recently this being involved. I do use the quick links however I would like to just have a quick f5 on the site and immediately see if there's any new content (since I read back everything in every topic and also every thread does interest me) without having to manually navigate on the page for several more seconds/clicks.
This might not be a huge thing but I have a guess this would take 2 mins on the settings page of the forum and would be a QoL for people like me :)

Martialis
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: AntsCanada Forums

Post: # 16909Post Martialis
Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:17 am

Fulkol wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:34 am
larynx wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:26 am
Just go to quick links, and select "unread posts". It shows all unread posts. The "active topics" in quick links is my favorite to use because it shows all topics currently active in the forum. From there all the bubbles not filled in are waiting for you to view them, and the ones filled are ones you are up to date on.
I'm constantly reading 3-4 forums during the day, recently this being involved. I do use the quick links however I would like to just have a quick f5 on the site and immediately see if there's any new content (since I read back everything in every topic and also every thread does interest me) without having to manually navigate on the page for several more seconds/clicks.
This might not be a huge thing but I have a guess this would take 2 mins on the settings page of the forum and would be a QoL for people like me :)

Agreed. This "red envelope" system sorta renders that impossible.
Keeper of

Formica sp.

Tetramorium caespitum

Camponotus chromaiodes

Selliing:

User avatar
francis
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:00 am
Location: PH

Re: AntsCanada Forums

Post: # 16910Post francis
Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:19 am

Hi guys,

I have made a very small change on the icon so you know at first glance if there are posts you haven't read in a forum.

You should be able to see on the home page that if there are still posts that you haven't read - you will see a light colored folder (locked forum) and solid colored blue folder if all the posts are read (locked forum)

As for the red marks on sub forums - it's another indicator that there's an unread post inside that sub forum.
------
Ignore me, I'm just a keyboard

Martialis
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: AntsCanada Forums

Post: # 16911Post Martialis
Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:09 am

Okay, thanks for the help.
Keeper of

Formica sp.

Tetramorium caespitum

Camponotus chromaiodes

Selliing:

Fulkol
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:42 pm
Location: Budapest

Re: AntsCanada Forums

Post: # 16915Post Fulkol
Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:17 pm

francis wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:19 am
Hi guys,

I have made a very small change on the icon so you know at first glance if there are posts you haven't read in a forum.

You should be able to see on the home page that if there are still posts that you haven't read - you will see a light colored folder (locked forum) and solid colored blue folder if all the posts are read (locked forum)

As for the red marks on sub forums - it's another indicator that there's an unread post inside that sub forum.
Looks cool now, thanks

User avatar
MadVampy
Main Forum Admin
Posts: 696
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:19 am
Location: Alabama
Contact:

Re: AntsCanada Forums

Post: # 16932Post MadVampy
Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:29 pm

Clear non filled folder means unread posts, filled folder means no new posts and the little red folder shows in what area the new post is in.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Image
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

MichiganAnts
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:54 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: AntsCanada Forums

Post: # 16938Post MichiganAnts
Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:41 pm

gotta say im not a fan of the colors. who chose the puke green background? Also why is there a color gradient in the top part? Also it dosent stretch for widescreens. And if you need to explain an icon to people.. you need a better icon.


just my 2 cents.

User avatar
larynx
Moderator
Posts: 944
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:36 am
Location: Georgia USA

Re: AntsCanada Forums

Post: # 16940Post larynx
Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:43 pm

MichiganAnts wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:41 pm
gotta say im not a fan of the colors. who chose the puke green background? Also why is there a color gradient in the top part? Also it dosent stretch for widescreens. And if you need to explain an icon to people.. you need a better icon.


just my 2 cents.
Well the colors haven't formed a team yet, so no need to have fans or cheerleaders at the moment. Im hoping your puke isn't that color, as you may need to seek medical attention if so. The colors and such are a result of a theme change that had to happen as the older theme was not compatible, like vampy said in the title post. Im not sure why yours isn't stretched, mine is stretched out to my 49 inch monitor perfectly. This site welcomes children as well as adults, some computer savvy and some not so computer savvy, so sometimes things like icon function do need to be explained.
I will admit it took me a good 20-30 min of exploring the site to get used to all the little changes but now i see how they are better in alot of ways. After everyone gets used to it i think we will agree it flows much better. Only time will tell.
Image
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer
Image

User avatar
tiger01vincent
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:24 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: AntsCanada Forums

Post: # 25632Post tiger01vincent
Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:29 pm

How are you able to "edit" / delete topics of your "your posts" (Every post comment on comes up there, can you some how delete them from there?, I mean not delete the post, just that its in "your posts")
<3 Thanks!
Email: vincent.bystrom@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010099860866

Otherwise just DM me

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest