Make brood hatch faster

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

Solenopsisace

Make brood hatch faster

Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:25 pm

Does anyone one know how to make ants hatch faster?i know high humidity and keeping it in a dark space for a while. But is there anything you can give them to speed up the process? I've been experimenting with a few Queens I've even gave them monsters and Redbull. I know it speeds up their metabolism but I'm wondering if it will make them lay eggs and The Brood hatch much faster. Has anyone else experimenting on this subject?

larynx

Re: Make brood hatch faster

Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:36 pm

after the first nanatic, a little cricket leg every week for protein will do the trick. eggs and brood develop a little faster, doing this.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Solenopsisace

Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:40 pm

Sry i meant for fresh queens just caught.how to make them start the colony quiker than a couple months.

larynx

Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:58 pm

ohhh,ok. yeah its all up to the queen other than warm temp and highish humidity.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

AntsDakota

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Solenopsisace wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:25 pm
Does anyone one know how to make ants hatch faster?i know high humidity and keeping it in a dark space for a while. But is there anything you can give them to speed up the process? I've been experimenting with a few Queens I've even gave them monsters and Redbull. I know it speeds up their metabolism but I'm wondering if it will make them lay eggs and The Brood hatch much faster. Has anyone else experimenting on this subject?
Brood develops faster if you add heat, preferably from a reptile heating cable or pad.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25