I know its "Ants"Canada...but...

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

Vendayn

I know its "Ants"Canada...but...

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Seeing that AntsCanada lives in a pretty amazing place full of a variety of ants (though some are invasive)...

What if he kept a termite species and showed them on his Youtube channel? I imagine where he lives there'd be some pretty amazing termite species.

Not only are termites easier than ants (in some ways at least...they are terrible at escaping. Worst escape artists ever), but they are pretty neat too. The only "maintenance" they'd need is termites dry out pretty fast so they can't dry out at all. But I imagine where AntsCanada is, it be humid a lot so not as big a deal I don't think.

I know its an ant channel, but not many people know how amazing termites can be. And many people seem to think they are harder than ants or there is a risk they can escape, but that is less a chance than ants. Plus (more so for California since not much humidity) they tend to dry out fast. They might be not as "exciting" as ants, but they are still really neat (and for me, relaxing) to watch, especially when the colony is big. I don't know what termites he could find since I mostly know termites of the US, but I imagine they'd be pretty awesome.

Here is a good video of one persons colony, as an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fqK90tTGOQ

What you guys think? Would anyone be interested to see AntsCanada keep a colony of termites? Even though its an Ant channel, termites are really similar despite them not being related to ants at all. And a lot of people don't know how easy (sometimes there is challenges, but its a lot more laid back than ants)it is to keep termites.

idahoantgirl

Re: I know its "Ants"Canada...but...

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Vendayn wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:22 pm
Seeing that AntsCanada lives in a pretty amazing place full of a variety of ants (though some are invasive)...

What if he kept a termite species and showed them on his Youtube channel? I imagine where he lives there'd be some pretty amazing termite species.

Not only are termites easier than ants (in some ways at least...they are terrible at escaping. Worst escape artists ever), but they are pretty neat too. The only "maintenance" they'd need is termites dry out pretty fast so they can't dry out at all. But I imagine where AntsCanada is, it be humid a lot so not as big a deal I don't think.

I know its an ant channel, but not many people know how amazing termites can be. And many people seem to think they are harder than ants or there is a risk they can escape, but that is less a chance than ants. Plus (more so for California since not much humidity) they tend to dry out fast. They might be not as "exciting" as ants, but they are still really neat (and for me, relaxing) to watch, especially when the colony is big. I don't know what termites he could find since I mostly know termites of the US, but I imagine they'd be pretty awesome.

Here is a good video of one persons colony, as an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fqK90tTGOQ

What you guys think? Would anyone be interested to see AntsCanada keep a colony of termites? Even though its an Ant channel, termites are really similar despite them not being related to ants at all. And a lot of people don't know how easy (sometimes there is challenges, but its a lot more laid back than ants)it is to keep termites.
Well, I guess it could work... I mean it is called ants "Canada", but they are operating out of the philipines, so they can stretch it farther and include termites as well!
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

Idahoantguy

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:54 pm

I really like this idea, I’ve seen some cool termite stuff and would be interested!
Keeping:
Tetramorium immigrans x2

Anything but tetramorium please :cry:

Jadeninja9

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:53 pm

He should make a different channel for that if he wanted to keep termites since it is called "AntsaCanada"
Keeper of:
1x Camponotus Hyatti
1x Lasius alienus colonies
1x Tetramorium immigrans

Gavinthesheep1234567

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Might be a good idea but just please don't make it the main content
Keeper of
Camponotus

As Mike would say it's Ant Love Forever :D

Vendayn

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Gavinthesheep1234567 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:50 pm
Might be a good idea but just please don't make it the main content
Yeah it definitely be side content is how I picture it. Maybe like a small bit of it or something, and MAYBE the occasional big update. Termites live a lot longer than ants, but also grow a lot slower so there wouldn't be as much to video with them. Some are pretty cool though like those fungus growing termites, but I dunno what termites he can get there.

As for the "Ants" part, well he definitely isn't in "Canada" anymore as said :P But I don't think termites would or should be a main featured thing since his channel should be for ants. It be cool though for people to learn more about termites and what not outside of them just being pests in a house. They actually do a lot of good for the environment and are very easy (but slow growers) to keep. Not as exciting as ants (hence another reason for them to not be main content), but still really neat.

Gavinthesheep1234567

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:06 pm

How come doesn't he live in Canada
Keeper of
Camponotus

As Mike would say it's Ant Love Forever :D

idahoantgirl

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:48 pm

Gavinthesheep1234567 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:06 pm
How come doesn't he live in Canada
He used to. He now lives in the phillipines.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

AntNoob1

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:48 pm

I love t, such a good idea!