Queen is sick plz help

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

m0llym0nster

Queen is sick plz help

Mon May 22, 2017 10:53 pm

I tryed to find stuff on Google related to what she is doing but I could not find anything on it she is laying on her side with all of her legs tucked under her and seems like she can't walk she is still moving her legs and antenna and even her jaws every now and then I kept both sister queens caught them both trying to make a founding chamber together at first only one was found sick moved from the test tube either by the other queen or by the two first works but the other was fine so I removed the one that was dragged out and put her in a test tube then the next day the other queen was the same way but in the test tube doing it I don't know what to do with their brood I have another of the same species I caught about the same time should I move the brood with her she is healthy and doing fine also can I move the worker with the brood with the other queen or just the brood please help this is my first time and plz private message me if the admins lock my post again for some reason

m0llym0nster

Re: Queen is sick plz help

Mon May 22, 2017 11:02 pm

m0llym0nster wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 10:53 pm
I tryed to find stuff on Google related to what she is doing but I could not find anything on it she is laying on her side with all of her legs tucked under her and seems like she can't walk she is still moving her legs and antenna and even her jaws every now and then I kept both sister queens caught them both trying to make a founding chamber together at first only one was found sick moved from the test tube either by the other queen or by the two first works but the other was fine so I removed the one that was dragged out and put her in a test tube then the next day the other queen was the same way but in the test tube doing it I don't know what to do with their brood I have another of the same species I caught about the same time should I move the brood with her she is healthy and doing fine also can I move the worker with the brood with the other queen or just the brood please help this is my first time and plz private message me if the admins lock my post again for some reason I tryed to add a picture from my phone but it said quota was to full but I have pics

JackPayne

Mon May 22, 2017 11:03 pm

Ok hey, no need for double posting, but I fear that this queen does not have long to live, I'm not sure if she is injured or dying but it won't be long. If I have any recommendation, try and leave her in a dark unstressful place for a bit.
Hi I'm Jack, How are you?

m0llym0nster

Mon May 22, 2017 11:22 pm

Sorry didn't mean to double post that was my first post and how can that happen all of a sudden if they where healthy and even had a worker they also seem to be alive still with no visible injury they also still move their legs and antenna as well as mandibles every so often do you know what may have caused it because the worker seems fine and they have been alive for the past two days like this also will the eggs larva puipa and worker be able to transfer to a new queen

JackPayne

Tue May 23, 2017 12:01 am

m0llym0nster wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 11:22 pm
Sorry didn't mean to double post that was my first post and how can that happen all of a sudden if they where healthy and even had a worker they also seem to be alive still with no visible injury they also still move their legs and antenna as well as mandibles every so often do you know what may have caused it because the worker seems fine and they have been alive for the past two days like this also will the eggs larva puipa and worker be able to transfer to a new queen
Ok, well im pretty new Myself, and I'm wondering if there's any mold, old food etc in the tube. Mainly is the test tube clean? Also is it winter, or turning winter where you live, this might be her preparing to hibernate.

m0llym0nster

Tue May 23, 2017 2:01 am

Nope summer is starting and honestly everything looked fine also should i move the brood and worker or is that dangerous for the other queen because some of my sick queens eggs are in need of food i believe the queen feeds the pupai and i dont want that brood to die when i have a healthy queen

JackPayne

Tue May 23, 2017 2:07 am

I'm not sure honestly.

Martialis

Tue May 23, 2017 6:10 am

Yup, I'm sorry :( This queen is dying.
Keeper of

Selliing:

ultraex2

Tue May 23, 2017 4:13 pm

Unfortunately, some queens just die for no apparent reason and there isn't anything that can be done. You probably did everything right and the queen just wasn't going to live long no matter what.