Becoming a GAN Farmer

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

SouthWesternAnts

Becoming a GAN Farmer

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi, I wanted to register to become a GAN farmer here in Texas, but I was wondering if when I register if the location in which I live will be listed as the location were I sell my ants. I live in a not well known town and live only a few miles from El Paso which is a much more easily known. I was wondering this since when registering it asks for proof of address and I don't know if it would be ok to put the El Paso location or my actual location.

Thanks
Founding Colonies:
Pogonomyrmex rugosus
Pogonomyrmex barbatus
Solenopsis xyloni
Myrmecocystus mimicus
Pheidole sp
Dorymyrmex insanus

idahoantgirl

Re: Becoming a GAN Farmer

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:49 pm

SouthWesternAnts wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:25 pm
Hi, I wanted to register to become a GAN farmer here in Texas, but I was wondering if when I register if the location in which I live will be listed as the location were I sell my ants. I live in a not well known town and live only a few miles from El Paso which is a much more easily known. I was wondering this since when registering it asks for proof of address and I don't know if it would be ok to put the El Paso location or my actual location.

Thanks
I'm sure they want your exact location. they have to make sure your not selling ants to places too far away.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Lasius Neoniger