Is joining GAN farm easy

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

antsbob15

Is joining GAN farm easy

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:26 am

I have about 8 pogonomyrmex rugosus queens that are about to have workers. I want to be the first GAN farmer in New Mexico, is it easy to join?

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Re: Is joining GAN farm easy

Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:32 am

antsbob15 wrote:I have about 8 pogonomyrmex rugosus queens that are about to have workers. I want to be the first GAN farmer in New Mexico, is it easy to join?
Super easy to join!

I hope someone from GAN Project comes a long to shed more light on this, but all it takes is for you to fill out a simple application, an email acknowledgement to agree to our terms of agreement, and then you're signed up. We also invite you to the private GAN Project group on Facebook so you can meet some of the other GAN Farmers on the team, and you get a free AntsCanada Ant Keeping Handbook.

GAN Farmers also get some perks every now and then. Hope you can join our team!
Ant Love Forever.

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:14 am

Hi there,

Well, if you would just like to join a community to network with ant hobbyists in your area, then what I recommend is you post in this section of the forum: http://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewforum.php?f=47 and ask if anyone in ACAF is from your city. We may be surprised and you might meet many ant keepers.

The GAN Project is for everybody to make use of, but to join the GAN Farmer team, you need to have ants to sell ( a queen with at least 1 worker). If there is someone from your area who signs up with us, you are definitely free to meet with them for an ant exchange. Some people choose to offer their ants for free, which is totally fine and we do not collect any fee.

By the way, (off topic) the fee we collect is very minimal and mostly to cover *** SPAM *** fees. The reason we do the GAN transactions through *** SPAM *** (and not echange money in person) is because it makes the trade so much smoother when there is no money exchanged in person. First, if you've ever been involved in selling pets online, there are soooo many instances where a customer will agree to meet you somewhere and then you take the time off in your day to travel to meet them, and they for whatever reason do not show up. This happens a lot! So if the customer has already paid, there is a greater chance this won't happen and they will meet you when the say they will. *** SPAM *** payment prior to meetup also avoids people stalling, meaning a customer will say they will meet up and buy from you but they never seem to have time to meet up and keep you holding the ants for an extended period of time, when in the meantime there were many serious customers who would have bought and taken the colony from you without hassle. Finally, another reason we do *** SPAM *** for GAN exchanges is because it eliminates the awkward bartering that might happen when the customer does meet you. The prices of all the colonies are set by the GAN Farmer and the GAN Project ensures they receive the exact amount they ask for.
Ant Love Forever.

ooper01
Head Moderator

Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:30 pm

I joined the GAN Project a few months ago here in Utah, USA and have sold 3 queens so far. The actual transaction process is very simple. You get an email from AntsCanada (Mikey) indicating that someone has just purchased a queen from you and that the person will be contacting you soon to arrange for pickup. Your *** SPAM *** account is credited, you meet the person somewhere and make the exchange.

The hardest part is just the ant keeping part, but fortunately, that's also the fun part! ;)

Someone contacted me about a month ago on my YouTube channel wanting advice finding a queen. I provided information online, but he still could not find one. I had just collected about 10 Pogonomyrmex occidentalis queens the day before, so I told him to come meet me at a certain place and we collected about 10 more for him. We filled up all the test tube setups he had prepared! He was very happy and thankful for the help.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

antsbob15

Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:16 pm

ooper01 wrote:I joined the GAN Project a few months ago here in Utah, USA and have sold 3 queens so far. The actual transaction process is very simple. You get an email from AntsCanada (Mikey) indicating that someone has just purchased a queen from you and that the person will be contacting you soon to arrange for pickup. Your *** SPAM *** account is credited, you meet the person somewhere and make the exchange.

The hardest part is just the ant keeping part, but fortunately, that's also the fun part! ;)

Someone contacted me about a month ago on my YouTube channel wanting advice finding a queen. I provided information online, but he still could not find one. I had just collected about 10 Pogonomyrmex occidentalis queens the day before, so I told him to come meet me at a certain place and we collected about 10 more for him. We filled up all the test tube setups he had prepared! He was very happy and thankful for the help.
Thanks for the information I will join soon

NashAUS

Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:03 am

ooper01 wrote:Someone contacted me about a month ago on my YouTube channel wanting advice finding a queen. I provided information online, but he still could not find one. I had just collected about 10 Pogonomyrmex occidentalis queens the day before, so I told him to come meet me at a certain place and we collected about 10 more for him. We filled up all the test tube setups he had prepared! He was very happy and thankful for the help.
you sound like an absolute legend mate!

i saw that there were two farmers in my city a month or so ago, and now there is just the one. i'm going to try and catch my own ant when nuptial flights occur tho first. if i have no luck after some time i will contact my local rep for a purchase without a doubt!