Seasonal FL Pogo GAN farmer?

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

Allaric

Seasonal FL Pogo GAN farmer?

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:59 pm

I was wondering if any GAN farmer was planning to have Pogonomyrmex Badius (or other FL native Pogo) queens available later this summer for Florida. I have checked the site and no farmers are listed for these at the moment, but I saw some old posts that seem to indicate there are/were some seasonal farmers that offer Pogo's around August.

I am new here, so I don't know if an unlisted farmer is simply out of stock, or if they are no longer participating in the project. :o ... I figured I would ask.

It is going to be quite an undertaking to gather queens for this species myself based on my location (Tampa), and that is assuming I can even time it right. If i knew there would be some available later in the year it would be a huge relief, and it would save me trekking through half of FL looking for likely nesting sites.

AntsLuxembourg

Re: Seasonal FL Pogo GAN farmer?

Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:25 am

Normally when a GAN Farmer isn't listed, he most likely has stopped participating or may have violated some rules and was removed.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.